Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Nightlife / Vida Nocturna
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

february how busy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jenc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: february how busy
    Posted: 11/July/2019 at 08:50
I was gonna book a trip away for myself and my boyfriend (well both be 26) for around 20th february 2020 and was wondering is there much open or much to do around that time in albufeira ? i was looking to stay around the strip ?
Sponsored Links

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/July/2019 at 09:04
Nothing much for tourists to be honest, but everything we 25,000 residents use will be open. Many of the bars etc on the strip will be closed. Their trade is tourists.

The old town area might be better for you. More people around, places to eat and drink open as usual.

It won't be beach weather, but there are places to go on a nice day.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
pyrman View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyrman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/July/2019 at 13:05
You`d be much better east of the strip in Santa Eulalia, where many more bars and restaurants remain open due to having lots of hotels also open ... I got a sun tan watching
Scotland ladies in the Algarve Cup, tail end of last Feb, into March .. can be cool, can be warm ..
Pyrman
Chris-Wiltshire View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Chris-Wiltshire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/July/2019 at 22:01
We always come here in February, generally good weather about three-quarters of the days. Agree it isn't likely to be lying on the beach to get a suntan but some days it's pretty close. Bar Street in the Old Town is mostly closed but there a enough bars and restaurants open to avoid starving. There's live music in the evenings in the Square, just not a lot of it, but Tic Tac or Rock Cafe seem to be the busiest. During the day there are enough people around to make it feel busy but once it's dark it can be very quiet. And for all these reasons we come every February! Enjoy your stay too.
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/July/2019 at 22:52
And once again ... “Chris-Wiltshire, here here, touché, totally agree 👍”
Andrew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris-Wiltshire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/July/2019 at 21:04
Too kind, but we have so many positives in this town it's hard to be critical of the place and the people
ZZZZZZ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZZZZZZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/September/2019 at 20:03
Chris, I’m considering feb 21st for two nights for around 10-14 lads for a stag do, Not loud idiots etc. All 30 plus but still want some nightlife, clubs. Will we still get this in February? Or would Lisbon be a better option?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris-Wiltshire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/September/2019 at 23:09
Hi Pete. To be honest you would be looking at Old Town nightlife in February as I understand the Strip is mostly closed down. Bar Street is almost all shut for the winter but there is some choice in the square. It really gets quiet in the evenings so it might not be the stag do of your dreams!! Lisbon or Barcelona sounds a livelier option, I would choose there if it were me. Hope this helps, and you get a good do when the time comes.
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/September/2019 at 08:10
25,000 people live in Albufeira and about half a million in Lisbon so the choice of places to go for a night out in February will be that much different.

But if your group prefers 'British' style bars with Sky Sports football, Albufeira would be the choice. But as said in February the tourist bars will be closed, leaving only those used by residents.
Albufeira Resident

ZZZZZZ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZZZZZZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/September/2019 at 08:18
Thanks for the help. I think j Lisbon. I wanted to choose Portugal over Spain as I feel most people have done Spain as a stag but Portugal will be a new experience for most. Are we going to get lively nightlife in feb still?
peteknopp View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peteknopp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/September/2019 at 10:54
Lisbon is great fun but you need to know where to go as like uk, places rise in favour and drop again and 2 nights might be hard to find what you are looking for. The Strip and Sta Eulalia are open all year and some places get a good crowd at weekends and its a lot easier to move from bar to bar or area to area to see whats happening whereas in Lisbon it would involve a tube journey to move from area to area
Jock View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/September/2019 at 14:10
Lisbon is great. A few suggestions. Henry the Navigators monument, Belem Tower, Geronimo's Monastery (named for St Jerome) the museum of royal coaches and the "Glasgow Celtic" football stadium.  Of course it's really the Estádio Nacional but I hope you will excuse my poetic licence.
1967 is to us like 1966 is to others. But not quite so long ago.

It is no coincidence that in no known language does the phrase 'As pretty as an Airport' appear. Douglas Adams
Jock View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/September/2019 at 10:21
Does Cafe Marmota in Rua Cândido dos Reis stay open year round?
It is no coincidence that in no known language does the phrase 'As pretty as an Airport' appear. Douglas Adams
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/September/2019 at 10:30
"Does Cafe Marmota in Rua Cândido dos Reis stay open year round?"

I am pretty sure it does, one of the few around there that do.
Albufeira Resident

Jock View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/September/2019 at 13:45
Thanks Tom.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic