Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Algarve
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hearing only bad news - Albufeira

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonisdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/June/2019 at 16:37
[QUOTE=Andrew]I was going to mention this, Libby beat me to it.. “There were groups (of mostly middle aged men)”.../QUOTE]

Who should know better and should be ashamed of themselves. If it was their wives and children and drunks were performing in front of them. They would no doubt be the first muttering to the wife.
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/June/2019 at 16:42
I think you’ve misunderstood me. The groups of guys I’m referring to were impeccably behaved, I certainly didn’t say or infer “drunks”.
Andrew
tonisdad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonisdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/June/2019 at 19:41
Originally posted by Andrew Andrew wrote:

I think you’ve misunderstood me. The groups of guys I’m referring to were impeccably behaved, I certainly didn’t say or infer “drunks”.

I did yes...That would make for a pleasant change.
Jock View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/June/2019 at 11:16
This is getting good! 
UTB eh? Have the cojones to spell out plainly what you are saying. Text speak on a forum is for the teens.
It is no coincidence that in no known language does the phrase 'As pretty as an Airport' appear. Douglas Adams
tonisdad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonisdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/June/2019 at 11:26
Originally posted by Jock Jock wrote:

This is getting good! 
UTB eh? Have the cojones to spell out plainly what you are saying. Text speak on a forum is for the teens.

The person is from Teesside and if they are into football they will know what UTB means......Of course going by your username football will not be strong topic for you.
Jock View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/June/2019 at 12:45
Oooh........!
I'm crushed!
TTFN
It is no coincidence that in no known language does the phrase 'As pretty as an Airport' appear. Douglas Adams
tiganut View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiganut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/June/2019 at 07:48
UTB,I had to look that upWink
He Who Dies With The Most Toys Wins
Super__Ally View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Super__Ally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/July/2019 at 22:16
For some good news go here

Hollandaise camera is working again 

Ally
Gazza View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/July/2019 at 23:19
It's been a few years since I've viewed this.   Thumbs Up
cheekygirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheekygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/July/2019 at 09:50
Returning to Albuferia after a few years. I hope things aren't as bad as SOME people say 😱
Loving it in the sun

tonisdad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonisdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/July/2019 at 10:13
Originally posted by tiganut tiganut wrote:

UTB,I had to look that upWink

LOL...Sorry laughing out loud...Not something we like to shout about in the present situation.
Linda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/July/2019 at 10:06
Personally I woudn't stay in Albufeira Old town area - it's too crowded and busy for me. The Strip I would avoid - not my scene at all. 
There are other places around Albufeira - Olhos d Agua is more to my taste - smaller, prettier, quieter,  and even at busy times when it's high season it's not too overcrowded and I don't see any hoards of obnoxious drunks there. 

Chloe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chloe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/July/2019 at 13:53
I have got to agree with everything Tonisdad has said about Albufeira. It has changed so much over the years and not for the better. This week pictures were posted on Facebook, taken by someone who lives here. One was of two grossly overweight men with their backsides hanging out of skimpy clothing. The other was of a group of lads presumably on a stag party as one of them was dressed in only a pair of flip flops. Not a stitch on. Is this the sort of thing you want to be faced with when you go out? Do you want your young children seeing this type of behaviour. I am a married woman ( and have been for many years) but I don't want to see someone's bits and pieces on display. I am afraid the Mayor of Albufeira needs to see what is happening to the town and put a stop to it. Exhibitionist behaviour has no place in what should be a family resort.
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/July/2019 at 20:13
Fear not, the summer police reinforcements will soon be arriving. These are the hard lot from Lisbon. They park their vans in the potential trouble spots. Woe betide anyone overstepping the mark with them around.

We were all young once (really) and I am sure we did some pretty stupid things after a couple of pints.  As usual it's just a few who cause real problems. A good whack with a baton would sort them out. Maybe a bit of tear gas. Hang 'em and flog 'em, that's what I say. Big smile

I have also spotted 'no stags or hens' signs on a couple of bars where I've not not seen them before.

Meanwhile I am shortly off for some charming, witty and intelligent company for a few hours.  Not telling you!
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/July/2019 at 21:27
Chloe, in old town?
Tom, that whack with a baton, hope it’s on the old Crown Jewels! 😂😂😂
Andrew
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
  Share Topic