Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Local Transportation / Transportes Locais
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

FARO AIRPORT/EASYJET

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonisdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FARO AIRPORT/EASYJET
    Posted: 24/May/2019 at 18:29
Do not know what the reasoning was yesterday but all Easyjet flights were queueing at gates 15-27. Every flight at the same gates. Trouble was as usual at Faro all the gates were not manned.
The queue was way back past the entrance door I do not know how many were in it.
We only had 10kg hand luggage to put underneath as we had intended taking liquids home but in the end we never.
We just took ours on board with us. Never seen a queue like it even in high season.
Hope it was a one off experiment because it was not working.
Sponsored Links

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/May/2019 at 08:36
Others in Trip Advisor reported similar scenes. Let's hope it's a one off because of staff shortage or some such. I am due out with them in three weeks.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
malagabob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malagabob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/May/2019 at 08:59
Arrived at Faro airport 13.40 for our 16.15 flight. Expecting to see Easyjet check in gates around the far end corner as previous years. They were as you say 17-25 although ours was I think 18-25 The queue was about 50% of the taped area. As we were early anyway, I calculated we’d be at the front 2 hrs or so before. Plus assuming I would be checkin for ALL flights. Reaching the checkin gate was informed we were too early, and it was to be a 10-15 minute wait. Was directed to the seats behind checkin gates and would be waved to the front of the queue when checkin was posted. This was the case. With some queried looks off others queueing. Went up to security joined the fastest moving queue got through no problem. Down the other side to passport control. Chose the electronic rather than the manned. A money saving tip. Get your bottle of water in the vending machines just after security. It’s cheaper than beyond duty free.
Never put off something that you could do today
Big Col View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Col Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/May/2019 at 11:27
Last October we used the 17-25 area for check in rather than around the corner. Unfortunately Easyjet at Faro don't normally do check in for all their flights so if you're early you have to wait before joining the queue for your destination. I have raised this with Easyjet and its apparently due to baggage handling restrictions at Faro.
Colin
cameroncleggout View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cameroncleggout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/May/2019 at 12:04
Jet 2 seem to manage to check in all passengers for all flights regardless of time of flight, easy jet most likely cutting costs (obviously not talking about 12 hours early for a flight or anything like that, but 3-4 hours before flight has never been an issue with us)
cameronout
Cooknoe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cooknoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/May/2019 at 15:19
We flew home on Thursday morning, and the EasyJet queue was horrendous. That said, some friends of ours flew with Jet2 on the Saturday evening before, and said that they too were queuing for ages.
What struck me with the EasyJet flight this time (only our second return trip with them) was that we left from the downstairs gate (our previous departure was from upstairs) and the Speedy Boarding passengers were herded onto the bus first, but then when we got to the plane, they were the last off the bus from two full buses. I don’t know how much they paid for that privilege, but I wouldn’t be too happy if it was me.
tonisdad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonisdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/May/2019 at 16:38
Originally posted by malagabob malagabob wrote:

. A money saving tip. Get your bottle of water in the vending machines just after security. It’s cheaper than beyond duty free.
True that Bob trouble is it is a lottery if you get a bottle...We never on Thursday the grab travels up to bottle then comes back empty. Happened a few times with that machine Smile One of those days I think .
sidsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sidsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/May/2019 at 10:24
Flew FAO/LGW with Easyjet last night...last flight @ 2210.
Everything went smoothly, gate 320 (upstairs)

"malagabob wrote:
. A money saving tip. Get your bottle of water in the vending machines just after security. It’s cheaper than beyond duty free."

Top tip! Been meaning to mention it for ages!
The 1 euro bottles of water are in the machine immediately after security - slightly to the left. All other machines charge 2 euros (for the same bottle!!!), even the one located on the right immediately after security.
nazza1968 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nazza1968 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/May/2019 at 15:44
We flew back on Saturday morning and the queue for Easyjet was horrendous, with only 2 desk open, eventually 2 more were opened!

then there was the queue for security which was even worse!! that took 15 minutes alone to get through and passport control took another 15 minutes, the worst I;ve known Faro departures to be!
Big Col View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Col Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/October/2019 at 19:14
I've no idea how many times we've gone through Faro airport in the past 25> years but last night was certainly the worst.

We arrived in good time entering the terminal about 2 hours 45 minutes before take off time. The Eastjet queue was from just inside the doors right through the taped queuing system to the desks. We were in this queue for 55 minutes with eventually 7 desks open. The queue at security (where you are told where to line up) took a further 50 minutes with the conveyor belt through the scanner frequently stopping. Then there was a further 25 minutes at passport control.

By the time we walked through duty free the flight had already been called and there was no time for browsing, a coffee or anything else. And all of this in early October!
Colin
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/October/2019 at 09:05
What did Easyjet have to say about this chaos?
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
Big Col View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Col Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/October/2019 at 11:48
I have written and await their reply.
Colin
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic