Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Living in Albufeira / Viver em Albufeira » The Good and the Bad / O Bom e o Mau
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This site and forum

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peteknopp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: This site and forum
    Posted: 22/December/2018 at 18:24
I thought I'd take a look at the front page of this site as my bookmark takes me to the forum.

I noticed a news section on the left hand side, supplied by Google.

I scrolled down and was amazed how badly Albufeira is portrayed by at least 19 stories... I stopped counting!!

I never heard about this one.......

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to one and all!!

PS. Admin - how about changing the Google news setting to 'Happy'
Sponsored Links

tonisdad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonisdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/December/2018 at 21:12
Originally posted by peteknopp peteknopp wrote:

I thought I'd take a look at the front page of this site as my bookmark takes me to the forum.

I noticed a news section on the left hand side, supplied by Google.

I scrolled down and was amazed how badly Albufeira is portrayed by at least 19 stories... I stopped counting!!

I never heard about this one.......

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to one and all!!

PS. Admin - how about changing the Google news setting to 'Happy'

Yes my liking of Albufeira went down a few notches after being relieved of over £5000 of jewellery and cash. 
Then to rub salt in the wounds had to sit for 3 hours in the plod shop recounting the burglary to three different GNR taking turns between cigarettes and leaving me to see to every Portuguese person who came in.
I do think the place has gone down the pan in the last few years.
cameroncleggout View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cameroncleggout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/December/2018 at 13:43
Been coming to Albufeira twice a year since 2007. We do late June and Early September as a rule and have stayed in several different hotels. This year however, we are only visiting in September, nothing to do with crime, more due to the fact that the last few times we have been the Resort has been much too quiet for us ( I can recall watching England V Colombia during the World Cup, it was early July (I think) on the Strip and the place was desolate) Giving Majorca a go in June 2019
cameronout
Algarveaddick View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Algarveaddick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/December/2018 at 09:23
Originally posted by cameroncleggout cameroncleggout wrote:

Been coming to Albufeira twice a year since 2007. We do late June and Early September as a rule and have stayed in several different hotels. This year however, we are only visiting in September, nothing to do with crime, more due to the fact that the last few times we have been the Resort has been much too quiet for us ( I can recall watching England V Colombia during the World Cup, it was early July (I think) on the Strip and the place was desolate) Giving Majorca a go in June 2019

You need to join a forum and ask folk where they are watching games, then... Oh - err - hang on... Wink LOL

Couldn't move in The Cavern. 
Go away Duchatalet
tonisdad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonisdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/December/2018 at 17:56
Originally posted by cameroncleggout cameroncleggout wrote:

4 days later against Sweden it was bouncing. So much so the GNR closed the strip at the Wild& co end.
Jayjan View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jayjan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/December/2018 at 21:49
I think lots of resorts have been quiet. We were in Tenerife 3 weeks ago and  it was so quiet compared to the  many other  times we have gone at this same time of year. To me some of the accommodation is getting rather  expensive to stay at, although saying that flights seem to be relatively cheap at the moment. Just got flights 2 weeks ago for May to Faro  a lot cheaper than we paid for our March flights in October. Maybe its the uncertainty of  Brexit  looming that airlines are trying to fill their planes.
Polli the dancing cat strikes again.
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/December/2018 at 09:52
Pretty busy in the pub the last couple of nights, plenty of regular visitors are in town plus some new faces. I have the impression that a few more places are open this year than before. I suspect people think everywhere's closed as it would be in UK on Christmas Day  so they don't go out at all.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic