Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Living in Albufeira / Viver em Albufeira » The Good and the Bad / O Bom e o Mau
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The building boom goes on

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orada-man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/September/2019 at 15:08
Originally posted by Andrew Andrew wrote:

Chapel da Orada? Is that the same as the church Our Lady of Orada? If so that was there many, many years before the marina. I have photos down the valley of Orada, from top of windmill hill, where you can see it and the big square white building at other end that is still there.

Windmill Hill was certainly a good vantage point and yes you are correct, I see it now but confused it with the other white buildings that were nearby. It's been so long since I was on the forum either the method of embedding images has changed or I have completely forgotten, I will work it out when I have more time.

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/September/2019 at 09:14
"It's been so long since I was on the forum either the method of embedding images has changed..."

Can't be done directly but there are several simple workarounds. Details on request!
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/September/2019 at 10:25
I have loads like these... hope of interest?

Andrew
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/September/2019 at 10:31
And another..

Andrew
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/September/2019 at 10:38
Andrew
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/September/2019 at 10:40
Andrew
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/September/2019 at 10:46
And the best I could do a few years back to capture the up to date same view.
Our Lady of Orada is there as is the big square house/building at the far end.
Andrew
Jock View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/September/2019 at 11:55
Definitely of interest. Thanks.

I didn't know Albufeira before the Marina - and the "improvement" of the square.
It is no coincidence that in no known language does the phrase 'As pretty as an Airport' appear. Douglas Adams
Orada-man View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Orada-man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/September/2019 at 19:12
Originally posted by Andrew Andrew wrote:

I have loads like these... hope of interest?

Thanks Andrew, think we need a shared Dropbox folder Smile

Tom, thank you for the offer but uf the site does not host the images I'm guessing I need to and just link to them although I don't want to clutter my own sites with lots of incidental photos at this point.

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/November/2019 at 14:43
Apartments Finisterre, below the Arte Bar, working on a public holiday! The building in the background is of course the abandoned Crowne Plaza hotel development.

Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/November/2019 at 08:42
Vale Navio Tuesday 19th November. Cannot see what's behind the fences but plenty of trucks going in and out, machinery moving around. The road through the site is more or less finished and open, on foot at least, but I saw no cars moving.

The first thing seen is that the track Caminho do Albufeira that goes past the riding school is blocked at both ends. The orange grove yielded about 5 kg of fruit with no effort and a good crop looks to be on the way.

The old tennis stadium is not being touched it seems.

Lotd of ground work, cables and drains being laid.

Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/December/2019 at 15:49
This is the big project across the road from the Arte Bar, which will be called Finisterra.

Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/December/2019 at 14:19
Dream on. Cerro D'Aguia highly des. res...

Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/February/2020 at 13:59
The new block at the top of Rua do MFA is slowly progressing. I wonder who would buy them if hey had seen the standard of construction? I will try to get along to Vale Navio next week to see what's happening there.

Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/February/2020 at 15:21
Not a lot to report from Vale Navio. A couple of roads have been laid, but no buildings are yet appearing. Cables, pipes, wires and ducts are sprouting all over the place. I saw five or six blokes busy doing not a lot. Small mountains of rubble can be seen. Down at the back of the site, past the Albufeira Riding Centre, nothing has changed. Various mysterious buildings lurk in the woods, probably relics of some scheme since foundered.

Pictures taken Thursday 6th February 2020.

Albufeira Resident

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
  Share Topic