Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Living in Albufeira / Viver em Albufeira » The Good and the Bad / O Bom e o Mau
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The building boom goes on

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The building boom goes on
    Posted: 12/October/2018 at 16:10
Two pictures of new build taken from the bottom of the 'airstrip'. Who is going to buy these places?

In my Dropbox - click link to view.

Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
Sponsored Links

Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/October/2018 at 09:30
Tom,
The ‘airstrip’? Where’s that please?
Also, are you having trouble posting pictures? I can’t, via any device, it’s a right pain as I have several I’d like to share, any ideas as to why?
Andrew
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/October/2018 at 10:34
They have almost finished the 87 new apartments in the Pine Cliffs.
Two blocks are up and running with guests and the other two will be finished by the end of November.
They sold every one of them before they had even dug the foundations.
I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/October/2018 at 08:07
'The 'airstrip' as people call it is the dual carriageway road that runs up from the 'Worms' roundabout to Montechoro where the large private hospital is located. Officially it's called Avenida Salgado Zenha but try finding a sign that says so! Both those sites are at the bottom end.

I have spotted one more new build in town on the vacant land at the top of Rua do MFA  up to now used as an unofficial car park. Will try for a picture later.
Work on the site almost opposite me is grinding along slowly.

I assume that because of the prices these are holiday homes. People who work in restaurants and bars certainly cannot afford them.  I hope the council is getting its cut from the developers.

Pictures cannot be posted here now, hence the links. Admin is aware, they changed server recently which stopped uploads. I will prod.
Albufeira Resident

pyrman View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyrman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/October/2018 at 08:09
 the `airstrip` is another name for Correeira ... several rows of apartments being built on Rua Beato Vicente, behind Pingo Doce s/market ... the others are up top behind Janelas do Mar, the school and indoor arena .. a very large extension of the Infante development a couple of years old. There will be many more as a large site is for sale over the vale pedras road in Brejos where the old swimming pool was .. and flats to be built on the old `quinta` above harbour, next to old cemetary, are being advertised.
Pyrman
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/October/2018 at 09:52

Pictures cannot be posted here now, hence the links. Admin is aware, they changed server recently which stopped uploads. I will prod.
[/QUOTE]

Thanks Tom, now I know/understand.
Andrew
Algarveaddick View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Algarveaddick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/October/2018 at 10:37
Originally posted by cubsur cubsur wrote:

'The 'airstrip' as people call it is the dual carriageway road that runs up from the 'Worms' roundabout to Montechoro where the large private hospital is located. Officially it's called Avenida Salgado Zenha but try finding a sign that says so! Both those sites are at the bottom end.

I have spotted one more new build in town on the vacant land at the top of Rua do MFA  up to now used as an unofficial car park. Will try for a picture later.
Work on the site almost opposite me is grinding along slowly.

I assume that because of the prices these are holiday homes. People who work in restaurants and bars certainly cannot afford them.  I hope the council is getting its cut from the developers.

Regarding the loss of the "Unoffical car park", there has of course been no reduction in the number of cars needing to park. Living very close to the area we are directly affected by the overspill. It's bad enough now, lord only knows what it will be like in the summer. 

I know I am being a bit "nimby" here, but the knock on effect of the increase in non UK/Ireland tourists is a significant increase in cars, which, thus far, the council seem to have not taken into account in any way. In fact with the demise of said car park, the reverse has happened at just the wrong time...     
Go away Duchatalet
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/October/2018 at 15:51
Originally posted by cubsur cubsur wrote:

I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
Algarveaddick View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Algarveaddick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/October/2018 at 16:04
Well done for getting it fixed Tom. 
Go away Duchatalet
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/October/2018 at 19:52
I'm not sure that he did fix it.
I've just used a different way of doing it.
It 's always been possible to post pictures without using the Insert Image button - most forums don't actually have that.

Click on Choose Images
Select the image(s) you want from your PC.
Uploading will start automatically
To post a thumbnail of your image copy the link Thumbnail For Forums and paste into your message
To post a full size picture of your image copy the link Hotlink For Forums and paste into your message

Actually, doing it this way is easier and much quicker than using the Insert Image button because you can select and upload multiple images in one go rather that having to keep going back and doing them one at a time.

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/October/2018 at 10:34
Not me! Anyway here's a couple from the site at the top of Rua MFA. Using Dicey's method which I had forgotten about. Beach House!!

nothing there yet though

Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/November/2018 at 13:19
It's a big 'ole now and is sure going to be fun living in those houses when they start digging out for the foundations and no doubt using piledrivers!

Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/November/2018 at 13:22
And this is the site next to ALDI in town, which was left idle for a good long while. I will bet ALDI is photoshopped out of the glossy publicity!

Albufeira Resident

S1gh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S1gh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/November/2018 at 16:15
I was told yesterday that the new apartments that are being built in Patio overlooking the marina are all sold already.
€200k for a one bedroom, stunning views.
bob d View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/November/2018 at 22:32
Stunning views but dodgy neighbours. 😀
we're not brazil we're norn iron
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic