Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Users Chit Chat / Conversa entre Utilizadores
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ryanair

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ryanair
    Posted: 11/October/2018 at 20:18
Hi guys,
Going off for the weekend- easyJet over and because of the best times Ryanair back - haven’t flown with Ryanair for a long time so my question is , are they very strict with the size of bag? I can take quite a big bag onboard with EasyJet,
I don’t mind about not getting sitting together , just worried about the bag, haven’t paid for priority, or bags or anything extra.
Sponsored Links

Windmill Hill Boy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Windmill Hill Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/October/2018 at 08:02
I fly with Ryanair all the time (12-18 times a year) and they have become a lot more easy going about bag sizes in recent times and I can't remember the last time they got the bag sizer out. They usually make you out it in the hold at the gate so they have more room to play with. Having said that if your bag is clearly way oversized they may pull you aside!! Good luck!

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/October/2018 at 08:37
So don't put ID, house keys or valuables in your carry on, in case it goes into the hold.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
Patti View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/October/2018 at 13:50
Thanks guys 😊
Cooknoe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cooknoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/October/2018 at 14:08
I’ve seen bags allowed through that are clearly bigger than they should be (when compared to ours which are the right size.) More often than not, they seem to get through, but when we were over in July/August, they stopped a family who had several cabin bags of different sizes, and measured one in the size thing at the desk at the gate. The family were told that the bag would have to go in the hold, and that they couldn’t take it on the plane even though they had paid for priority boarding.
Unless you do pay for priority boarding, your bag will be tagged at the desk, then taken off you at the bottom of the steps before you board the plane. This is free of charge at present, but after November 1st, they are charging for this, and I believe it is actually more expensive than priority boarding charges. We flew back yesterday after our latest trip, and the ‘Priority boarders queue’ was about three times the length it normally is.
Patti View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/October/2018 at 14:31
Yes I knew they take it off you at the gate , friends told me that , just don’t want to get charged a lot of money at the gate as it’s slightly bigger than what Iis allowed. This is why I d really rather fly with easyJet, no hassle!
I have a brand new bag that fits their specifications but I’m afraid of getting it wrecked if thrown about roughly.
So do I take new bag or risk the older bag!
Windmill Hill Boy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Windmill Hill Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/October/2018 at 14:33
If it's not much bigger you should be fine as they are a hundred times better than they were!! But it's always a risk...

Patti View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/October/2018 at 14:37
Yea fingers crossed , thanks everyone.
Patti View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/October/2018 at 14:54
Oh another question, I have the Ryanair app , so I can only checkin two days before flying, and boarding passes download to iPhone just like easyJet ?
I find it very convenient with easyJet , same with Ryanair ?
Cooknoe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cooknoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/October/2018 at 15:05
Just the same, no problems using the app.
Patti View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/October/2018 at 15:41
Cheers
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/October/2018 at 07:10
Just make sure your phone battery is charged! I have seen now twice at checkin some very unhappy faces when they realise their phone is dead. No boarding pass sir, that's €40 please.

PS The Italian government is taking Ryanair to court over their plans to charge for hand baggage.

Perhaps someone sells a coat with lots of big pockets where your stuff could go. It can't be hand baggage if you are wearing it. Can it? No doubt O'Leary would find a way to charge people for wearing overcoats.
Albufeira Resident

Algarveaddick View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Algarveaddick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/October/2018 at 08:56
They already do Tom...

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/news/the-airport-jacket-that-promises-to-beat-luggage-fees/
Go away Duchatalet
Patti View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/October/2018 at 22:48
Well I hope the Italian government are successful!
Thanks cubsur, I’ll make sure I’ve plenty of battery life.
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/October/2018 at 08:15
I didn't think you read the Torygraph! What a good idea if a rather frightening price.
Albufeira Resident

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic