Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Local Transportation / Transportes Locais
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bus shelters and stops disappearing!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bus shelters and stops disappearing!
    Posted: 04/October/2018 at 09:34
I am spotting from this bus that some bus shelters and stops have vanished. Eg at the Dolphins and at the Camara. The buses still stop as they always have but most confusing for passengers. I shall try to find out why.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
Sponsored Links

Algarveaddick View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Algarveaddick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/October/2018 at 12:40
We assumed that they are going to put in bus shelters that are more practical for a very hot country. I.E. Ones that actually shelter you from the sun, rather than magnify it's heat?

We live in (usually forlorn) hope...    
Go away Duchatalet
pyrman View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyrman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/October/2018 at 13:53
No need ... they are putting in new shelters, with more advertising space ... already up in Ferreiras, Vale Paraiso, Camping (main road) with the name of the stop painted large in the route colour (presumably), since they are orange. New ones currently going up at Town Hall, Worms and Boavista ..
Pyrman
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Algarveaddick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/October/2018 at 14:17
No danger of the bus times being on them at all I suppose Pyrman?  
Go away Duchatalet
tonisdad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonisdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/October/2018 at 19:51
Originally posted by Algarveaddick Algarveaddick wrote:

No danger of the bus times being on them at all I suppose Pyrman?  

LOLLOLClap
pyrman View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyrman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/October/2018 at 08:59
working on it ...
Pyrman
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Algarveaddick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/October/2018 at 09:06
Originally posted by pyrman pyrman wrote:

working on it ...

Good chap! Clap
Go away Duchatalet
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/October/2018 at 09:53
And I can confirm excavations are taking place at the Dolphins, but still mighty confusing  at those places where they have completely removed the old shelter and stop!

Timetables! It's only been 8 years of asking. But then they would have to keep to them rather than go three or four minutes 'early' which has been the case recently.
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/October/2018 at 12:39
At last  a truck pulled up at the Dolphins this morning, a new bus shelter was offloaded and installed. I cannot see a great deal of difference between that and the old one. Remains to be seen how long it and the other new ones will last before being vandalised.
Albufeira Resident

Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Algarveaddick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/October/2018 at 14:21
Originally posted by cubsur cubsur wrote:

At last  a truck pulled up at the Dolphins this morning, a new bus shelter was offloaded and installed. I cannot see a great deal of difference between that and the old one. Remains to be seen how long it and the other new ones will last before being vandalised.

What a waste of time and money. As you say, Tom, barely different to the old ones - sloping roof rather than flat (useful in a country where sunshine is mostly the thing you want to shelter from rather than rain), and a deeper but shorter bench to sit on inside.  Big deal.     
Go away Duchatalet
peteknopp View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peteknopp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/October/2018 at 18:12
Give us a shout if they paint them and I'll pop round to watch them dry............
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/October/2018 at 09:24
Paint! The only decorations will be those made by the local schoolchildren. And perhaps the council's men might backfill the holes made for the legs of said shelters.

Anyway, good to know our taxpayers money is being well spent.
Albufeira Resident

pyrman View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyrman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/October/2018 at 22:27
I may well have been wrong about the new shelters .. I have seen a couple more of the `new` ones that look much like old ones ..
Pyrman
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic