Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Miscellaneous / Diverso
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

OLD PRINTER CARTRIDGE DISPOSAL

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: OLD PRINTER CARTRIDGE DISPOSAL
    Posted: 10/September/2018 at 11:10
Can anyone suggest an ecologically sound place in town where I can dispose of some old printer ink cartridges?

HP have 'chipped' theirs now to the extent that refills don't work in my new printer.

Thanks.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
Sponsored Links

administrator View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/September/2018 at 12:03
I believe there's a recycling deposit for electronic equipment and such at Albufeira Shopping on the parking level -2.
Albufeira.com Admin
peteknopp View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peteknopp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/September/2018 at 14:08
next time buy an epson ecotank. yes, from 210 euros to start with but when each 'cartridge/tank' is only 20-50 cents to refill, you soon get your money back. My last one printed over 100k colour a4 before dying and my new one is up past 20k. 4 x 1 litre bottles of ink from uk cost 50 euros delivered - do the maths!
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/September/2018 at 09:17
Good thought Pete but I buy perhaps only two cartridges a year! I will take a look at the place suggested by admin next time I am over there. I have also an old amplifier to dispose of.
Albufeira Resident

DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/September/2018 at 09:29
No need to do anything because there is a very simple way round it.
Done it myself & it works.

I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
Jock View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/September/2018 at 12:16
Good to know. Thanks.
It is no coincidence that in no known language does the phrase 'As pretty as an Airport' appear. Douglas Adams
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/September/2018 at 13:54
Thankfully no matter what companies do to try & fleece you there is usually somebody out there who is clever enough to find a way around it.

PS - the only problem when you do this is that your printer will always try and tell you that it's got no ink. Just ignore that and carry on. When it only prints very feintly then you'll know it's got no ink.
I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/September/2018 at 11:33
"When it only prints very feintly then you'll know it's got no ink."

I never buy a new one until that happens. And never buy them too far in advance as the ink might dry up before you can use them.
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/October/2018 at 16:04
Went to the suggested place beneath Continente and it's for hardware only. So I still need to know how i can responsibly dispose of old print cartridges.
Albufeira Resident

ddbo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ddbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/October/2018 at 19:31
I believe there's a shop called Cartridge World on Rua Manuel Teixeira Gomes, in the Rana D'oiro condo building. Tel: 289 591 234

They apparently print boarding passes etc., so they might be a disposal site for used printer  cartridges or at least they should be able to tell you where one exists.

Interestingly, Cartridge World is/was listed on the Albufeira.com web site Business Directory, under 'Technology & Communications'.

https://albufeira.com/directory/advert/?pub=863

Hope this helps,
Cheers ..... ddbo
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/October/2018 at 07:25
I used to go there regularly to get cartridges refilled but stopped after the refills wouldn't work. HP are getting cleverer they said, with their chips stopping cheap refills. I could always pass by there one day, will try next week.

Thanks.
Albufeira Resident

Algarveaddick View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Algarveaddick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/October/2018 at 08:59
I took mine to Worten in Algarve shopping. Although they don't appear to have a receptacle for cartridges any more, if you ask an assistant they do take them for recycling.   
Go away Duchatalet
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/October/2018 at 10:36
Originally posted by Algarveaddick Algarveaddick wrote:

I took mine to Worten in Algarve shopping. Although they don't appear to have a receptacle for cartridges any more, if you ask an assistant they do take them for recycling.   

More like they just chuck them in the bin, me thinks Wink
sparowlite View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sparowlite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/January/2019 at 06:53
I get some useful ideas here. I also get some useful ideas from https://errorcode0x.com/s-10-preparing-automatic-repair-error-fixed/ - Windows 10 Preparing Automatic Repair Error.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic