Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Miscellaneous / Diverso
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Vale Navio

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Patti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/May/2018 at 09:23
Couldn’t get those on my iPhone but I had found them on the net, such an interesting story, and a sad ending to what was once a promising and exciting holiday complex.
Thanks guys.
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/November/2020 at 17:28
Ages since I have been there, but this afternoon took advantage of a nice sunny day to have a look. The main site is closed, nothing happening. Just piles of muck and bits of concrete. On the streets outside, it's a definitely the unfinished look, with bits of cable and ducting sticking out of the ground, dead trees and general rubble. And deathly quiet. I saw one person in one car over the 30 minutes or so I was walking along.

Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
Jayjan View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jayjan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/November/2020 at 23:09
How sad, it was such a fabulous  lovely resort in its heyday, we had timeshare on  there in the mid/ late 80's/ early 90's until some scumbags, (English and Portuguese) involved in it  ran off with all the money and ruined it all for many many people, some who even had mortgages/loans on their timshares and put them in sh*t street. We found out eventually  the paperwork/deeds we had originally  regarding the timeshare wasn't worth the paper it was written on.  What a big scam it was.   I now  feel sorry for those who own  some  of lovely private villas on there having to put up with all the mess.
BTW we were told where the Balaia Atlantico Hotel is  now  was supposed to be a golf course, mmm  but it   never happened. Other side of resort to the west of it, new apartments supposedly  being built, but  it  never happened. Big con through greedy, unhonest folks who like conning folks out of  money just to get rich. grrrrr.
Polli the dancing cat strikes again.
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/May/2021 at 10:01
All has definitely gone quiet. I took a walk over there yesterday afternoon. Site closed down, nothing changed since November. All now very untidy for those living nearby Someone has done a runner it seems.

Albufeira Resident

A9NDY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A9NDY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/July/2022 at 20:12
has any further progress taken place ?
peteknopp View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peteknopp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/July/2022 at 10:50
Things slowed or stopped with covid and main bill board sign was blank but now billboard renewed for pineland park or similar, so maybe still being worked. Drive past most days but any work would not be visible from road
Domicilium View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Domicilium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/January/2023 at 23:41
I have projects from Vale navio from back early 1970's. It was supposed to be at the level of Vale de Lobo.
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/January/2023 at 09:10
That is true, but all the original development has now been demolished apart from the large houses. I have not been there for more than a year but will maybe nip over on a bus maybe on Sunday and have a look.
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/January/2023 at 17:41
Utterly deserted today. All building work has either ceased or has never started. Still sundry bits of wire and ducting poking out of the ground, piles of rubble and other stuff. Roads all nicelly laid out, but no buildings.

Some cobblestones anyone?

The dream...

The present reality...

This nice little country lane for a walk back to the bus. But hallf way along I sidestepped to avod a big puddle and fell into a bramble bush!

Albufeira Resident

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic