Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Living in Albufeira / Viver em Albufeira » Algarve Foreign Residents / Residentes Estrangeiros
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Areas restricted for rental

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samswagga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Areas restricted for rental
    Posted: 15/May/2018 at 14:18
Hi everyone,

Does anyone know if there are such areas in Albufeira where renting out your property is restricted? We are currently looking to buy a property we have seen one but from what we know it's mainly residential and we don't want to buy it to then be told it's not possible to rent it out.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Sponsored Links

Algarveaddick View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Algarveaddick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/May/2018 at 17:26
Assuming you mean to rent out for holidays? I am not aware of any restriction, but your solicitor will be able to tell you. 
Go away Duchatalet
samswagga View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samswagga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/May/2018 at 17:30
@algarveaddick Thank you and, yes I mean for rental to holidaymakers.

It was just before I get the solicitor involved and wondered if some residential areas restrict rentals. A friend of mine mentioned to watch out for 'Rental Urbanisation' but I can't find any reference to this online anywhere.
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Algarveaddick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/May/2018 at 08:56
In that case ask the estate agent before you even view a place, then the solicitor can double check before you put pen to paper in case the agent speak with forked tongue...    
Go away Duchatalet
tonisdad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonisdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/May/2018 at 09:31
Wasn`t there something in the Algarve News or the likes a couple of years ago where people in mainly residential blocks/complexes were not happy with rental properties being used for holiday lets?
I know on our place there is about a dozen max apartments used all of the year out of 6 blocks which will make up about 100 apartments. Then we get the July/August invasion and you do feel like somebody is invading your space.....It`s the wrong attitude I know but you do feel that way!
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/May/2018 at 10:04
Yes I have heard tell of this also. Some residential blocks are getting a covenant to prevent holiday rentals. People who have to go to work don't want tourists partying until 5am in the next door flat!
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
ClaireKildare View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ClaireKildare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/May/2018 at 10:19
Our building is residential, when we bought it we were asked if "family and friends" would visit. Apparently if we intended to rent it out we would be charged a higher commercial rate of stamp duty. We don't rent, in the building I'd say maybe 10/15% do and its obvious in the summer when the inflatables appear in the pool. If you buy in a tourist block like the Paraiso for example it is a total tourist building for rental only. Do your homework, ask the locals.
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Algarveaddick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/May/2018 at 11:00
Originally posted by tonisdad tonisdad wrote:

Wasn`t there something in the Algarve News or the likes a couple of years ago where people in mainly residential blocks/complexes were not happy with rental properties being used for holiday lets?
I know on our place there is about a dozen max apartments used all of the year out of 6 blocks which will make up about 100 apartments. Then we get the July/August invasion and you do feel like somebody is invading your space.....It`s the wrong attitude I know but you do feel that way!

Yes I know what you mean Paul. When we first moved to our block it was residents and absent owners. Now a few of the absent owners let out during the summer to anyone and everyone. Most are okay but you get the odd idiot. Parking and the Portuguese (sorry, but it is 90% them to blame) dumping their rubbish next to the bins rather than in them Angry, is the biggest pain in the harris in July/Aug. 

However, we all knew it was a "party town" when we arrived, it's one of the things that attracts people to a place like Albufeira, so we have to take the rough with the smooth I guess? Confused  
Go away Duchatalet
samswagga View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samswagga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/May/2018 at 14:08
Thank you for all your feedback. It seems its just a matter of courtesy with residents.

I've seen a few advertised locally that stipulate its a residential area and to keep noise to a minimum after 10:30pm.
tonisdad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonisdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/May/2018 at 20:03
However, we all knew it was a "party town" when we arrived, it's one of the things that attracts people to a place like Albufeira, so we have to take the rough with the smooth I guess? Confused  

True AA. First July we were here heard a load of noise about 7am. Thought somebody`s up early.....No it was the night clubbers going home  LOL.
Jayjan View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jayjan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/May/2018 at 11:43
Hi Paul sent you a PM re the story I promised to send you.
Polli the dancing cat strikes again.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic