Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Living in Albufeira / Viver em Albufeira » Algarve Foreign Residents / Residentes Estrangeiros
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Reliable Cleaner wanted

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gibbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Reliable Cleaner wanted
    Posted: 10/May/2018 at 16:22
I know this subject appears every now and then but just to start a new updated Topic
I travel to my 2 Bed apartment in Ferreiras approx 8 times per year and also family travel(3 or 4 other visits)
I am looking for a cleaner who must have fluent English email and social media contacts
As with a previous topic I have seen here I am looking for someone with a little initiative who can clean immediately when we leave and report any problems which they come accross and also stock up on cleaning materials as necessary
Also if the could set up a schedule and cost for a couple of deep cleans per year ( wash mats, mattress protectors, dust under beds and door sills and skirting boards) and also if they had contacts for maintenance (Electrican,Plumber,painter etc)
Any help would be appreciated
Sponsored Links

ajmandon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ajmandon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/May/2018 at 22:32
Hi Gibbo,

I'm a long term lurker and registered to post a reply. I'm sure others may get back to you. However....... 

I know an experienced lady that does a similar job for me (and has for other holiday home owners, expat residents and rental owners, over many years) and is looking for new clients. She "came with my property" and I can say, from experience, has been worth her weight in gold! 

I wouldn't say fluent English (French is better) but adequate and for more complicated/technical English she rings me with a friend to translate! , don't know about email and social media ... we either phone or text. Plenty of initiative, responsive and knows local trades etc..... She has notified, organized and supervised a number of urgent repair jobs for me in my absence.... and not at expat rates! She does a weekly "security/ status" check with pre visit provisioning/set up, weekly and post visit "cleaning" for me. She would describe herself (and I would agree) as "correct".  The only question is; I am not sure if Ferreiras might be too far.  She has her own transport but lives in Sta Barbara de Nexe.  I guess it would depend on hours/frequency etc..... 

I'm over middle of next week. If you are still looking I can enquire. Not sure how the pm system works on the forum........ any way let me know if you might be interested.

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/May/2018 at 10:51
"Not sure how the pm system works on the forum"

Click on the user name on previous post and a drop down menu will appear with the option to 'send message'. Next time the receiver logs in they will get an alert or a user can set up their inbox to send an email when a message is received.
Messages can also be sent via the 'new messages' icon top left, user name as destination would need to be entered.

I do know a reliable cleaner whose English is excellent but she has no car with which to get to Ferreiras.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
Algarveaddick View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Algarveaddick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/May/2018 at 14:52
I have PM'd you too Gibbo.
Go away Duchatalet
Norm55 View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Norm55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/February/2019 at 09:13
Just to bump this one up, am now in same boat, my cleaner of last few years has decided to concentrate on another career and am in need of one before season starts

Ideally English speaking, PC literate, well whats app is poss good enough and can organise odd repairs if required.

Any recommendations ?  Am in Olhos Da Agua 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic