Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Local Transportation / Transportes Locais
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Train Lisbon to Albufeira

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bebop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Train Lisbon to Albufeira
    Posted: 03/April/2024 at 22:37
Can somebody please advise approximate cost of return train from Lisbon to Ferreiras and best site to book on.
Sponsored Links

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/April/2024 at 07:59
The ONLY site you should use is https://www.cp.pt/passageiros/en or the official Portugal Railways app. Tickets go on sale 60 days in advance. The sooner you buy, the less it will cost, Standard full price is €22,50 or €24,00 second class depending on which train.  An early booking with a 'promo' fare can be half that. Anyone 65 or over goes half price in any case. For senior discount ID required (passport number) at the time of booking.

All trains start from Lisbon Oriente, out near the airport, and call at Entrecampos which is nearer the city. Some also call at Lisbon Sete Rios.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
bebop View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bebop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/April/2024 at 21:18
Thank you for the info Cubsur.so, for a couple in their 30s it will be approx 80 to 90 euro for a return trip. You mentioned a promo code, where would one fi d this code?
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/April/2024 at 09:02
Promo prices are shown as and when available alongside the train time. You can choose that fare later in the booking process, but no refund if not used. The Promo fares are limited in number and not available on all trains.
Albufeira Resident

bebop View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bebop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/June/2024 at 18:10
Hi Cubsur, thank you for previous info. My son will be working until 6pm so would be very tight to get to train, as I think that the last one leaves at around 7 pm. The buses seem to run a little later, so they are going to travel by bus. What provider would you recommend them to book with and would you have any idea on price,please?
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/June/2024 at 07:35
Last train down from Lisbon to Albufeira is 1832 from Oriente, 1840 from Entrecampos and 1844 from Sete Rios. with arrival in Albufeira at 2139.

There are two coach companies with services until 0100. Rede Expressos use both Oriente and Sete Rios bus stations and they go to the main Albufeira bus station. Flixbus only use Oriente, which is 9km / 6 miles from the city centre, but their stop in Albufeira is in the old town area, Avenida da Liberdade - the little bus station.

If I wanted to go on the 1930 or 2030 Rede Expressos service to Albufeira in two weeks time, they currently have some tickets at €3,95, no exchange, no refund. The standard fare is €20. Flixbus has similar demand-led prices. The sooner you buy, the less it will cost. However, Rede Expressos only sell tickets 30 days in advance.
Albufeira Resident

bebop View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bebop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/June/2024 at 22:56
Many thanks Cubsur. I knew that you would be able to guide me 😉. I have sent this info to my son. Kind regards.
bebop View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bebop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3 hours 26 minutes ago at 21:34
Another question on this subject please.
I will be travelling from Lisbon to Albufeira next week. Was going to get train.
Would any of you know if the 10.02 train from Oriente stops in Sete Rios? It would be much closer to where I am staying in Lisbon than Oriente
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic