Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Algarve
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Flight Watch

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7475767778 83>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richardk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/August/2020 at 11:39
It made the Portuguese News Channel but not sure at the time they knew it was publicity stunt - I certainly didnt.
Big Col View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Col Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/August/2020 at 15:14
Richard, this shows the unveiling of their A380 and a campaign to save coral reefs.

Hi Fly introduction
Colin
Big Col View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Col Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/December/2020 at 15:47
For those interested, Easyjet have announced their Winter 2021/2022 flights covering the period up to 26th March 2022.
Colin
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/March/2021 at 16:43
I did just hear a airyplane. An SAS flight from Stockholm coming in, quite low as well. Nice to know the Swedes at least can come to the mist and rain!
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
Super__Ally View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Super__Ally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/March/2021 at 19:41
Tom. 
Outside just now in Glasgow its 1 degree above freezing with a brisk wind. I would swop it for your mist and rain right now. I would then stroll down to the Hollandaiase for a nice meal. (Spare Ribs, the wife has Hawaian Chicken) Then over to Fats Cats to be inebriated. After that a stagger home. 
I can only dream.
Is it true that this is the longest Imortal have been on top of the league?

Ally
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/March/2021 at 08:21
"Is it true that this is the longest Imortal have been on top of the league?"

More than likely! They haven't officially abandoned the season but it's inevitable with no games having been played since 19th December.

Just the one flight due into Faro today, Easyjet from Basel, so the Swiss can come here as well.
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/March/2021 at 15:13
A little earlier, two aircraft passed overhead within the space of ten minutes, positively crowded skies, so I took a look at today's inbound flights at Faro :

Lisbon (3), Frankfurt (2), Basel, Lyon, Hamburg, Munich, Hannover, Amsterdam and Dusseldorf. Obviously Germans are OK to travel on holiday. I hope they won't be too disappointed when they get where they are going.
Albufeira Resident

AJSUGGY View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AJSUGGY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/March/2021 at 17:27
Hope they don't bring the Virus with them as its rising fast in Germany.
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/March/2021 at 09:29
I have no idea of course how many were on the planes.  Both Portugal and Germany must think it's safe for them to be her., Weird when even Portuguese cannot travel to the Algarve, legally anyway.

If the virus is still out there why on earth is travel permitted!

Fewer flights today - Brussels, Amsterdam, Eindhoven, Dublin, Paris and two from Lisbon. So it's safe for Irish, Dutch and French also.
Albufeira Resident

Citroen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citroen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/March/2021 at 13:48
Can't speak for anyone else, but in Ireland at the moment it's against the law to fly for holiday or other non essential purposes with fines of €2000.00.

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/March/2021 at 09:28
Certatinly also illegal to take a holiday abroad if you are in UK and the fine may be as high as £5000 - each. Not that there are any flights to most holiday destnations and everything is closed when you get there anyway.

Far fewer flights into Faro today. Just two from outside the country with one each from Geneva and Beauvais (France).

Some good news for me is that Easyjet have now completely refunded all the flights I was unable to take or that were cancelled over the past few months which couldn't re-book for April or May.
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/April/2021 at 09:08
Fourteen international flights due in to Faro today. I wonder who is on them, considering that all non essential travel remains banned and that Germany has now declared the Algarve to be a high risk zone requiring quarantine upon return..

Flights are coming in from Brussels, Geneva, Lyon, Berlin, Paris (3), Amsterdam, Frankfurt, Munich, Eindhoven, Luxembourg, Zurich and Stockholm.
Albufeira Resident

Jock View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/April/2021 at 10:39
These will all be medics or super-essential workers!
It is no coincidence that in no known language does the phrase 'As pretty as an Airport' appear. Douglas Adams
pyrman View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyrman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/April/2021 at 15:27
The second Lufthansa from Frankfurt was cancelled ... possibly same tomorrow ..
Pyrman
Skiddy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skiddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/April/2021 at 09:31
They must be coming in for work or they've bought or buying a property 🤔
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7475767778 83>
  Share Topic