Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Algarve
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedFaro airport,carpark number 4

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Faro airport,carpark number 4
    Posted: 16/May/2016 at 18:35
Does anyone know if the pavements have been sorted out from the terminal at faro airport to carpark number 4 ? as last time we visited there was construction work being done at the front of the terminal, and it was a right pain in the backside as we had a wheelchair.following the pavements led us to parts where the curbs were massively high and there was no way to get up them without the aid of some lovely fellow tourists who offered to help lift the wheelchair and luggage trolley up each kerb we came to.

Sponsored Links

DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/May/2016 at 19:14
Don't know but as of last Thursday the work at the front of the terminal was still going on - restricted number of entrances/exits, lots of high fencing, and fenced in walkways & tunnels.
As I understand it the work there won't be finished until 2017.
I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
tonisdad View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/May/2016 at 19:15
Originally posted by Biggunspaul Biggunspaul wrote:

Does anyone know if the pavements have been sorted out from the terminal at faro airport to carpark number 4 ? as last time we visited there was construction work being done at the front of the terminal, and it was a right pain in the backside as we had a wheelchair.following the pavements led us to parts where the curbs were massively high and there was no way to get up them without the aid of some lovely fellow tourists who offered to help lift the wheelchair and luggage trolley up each kerb we came to.

Paul last time we were there work was ongoing.
Might it be easier for the person driving to pick the car up from 4 and come back and pick rest of party at departure exit. You are allowed 10 minutes free parking there.
 That`s what I normally do when we have Grandaughter in pushchair when we pick our car up. It`s bad enough with that so wheelchair must be murder.
Speaking of them massive kerbs I was rushing to get the car the other week stepped off the pavement thinking it was normal height and went **** over ***. Felt a right wally for want of a better word.Shocked
Biggunspaul View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/May/2016 at 19:22
Originally posted by tonisdad tonisdad wrote:

Might it be easier for the person driving to pick the car up from 4 and come back and pick rest of party at departure exit. You are allowed 10 minutes free parking there.
 That`s what I normally do when we have Grandaughter in pushchair when we pick our car up. It`s bad enough with that so wheelchair must be murder.
Speaking of them massive kerbs I was rushing to get the car the other week stepped off the pavement thinking it was normal height and went **** over ***. Felt a right wally for want of a better word.Shocked

Only problem is that we are hiring 2 cars and we are collected by the hire company in car park 4 and then taken to their car compound which is a couple of minutes drive.There is me and the Mrs who are the two drivers and the rest of our party consists of my disabled mother in her wheelchair and our 4 children,one who is a toddler and one who is disabled,so there is no way we could leave them whilst we get the cars as it normally takes a good 30-45 by the time we've got all the paperwork sorted and so on.

Yes it can be a struggle trying to get all 7 of us plus wheelchair,buggy and trolley with 4 suitcases and hand luggage across the car park with all them big kerbs.

When was it you were last at the airport ? We were there last in October and will be out again next month.

Thanks for your suggestion anyway.
tonisdad View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/May/2016 at 19:28

Only problem is that we are hiring 2 cars and we are collected by the hire company in car park 4 and then taken to their car compound which is a couple of minutes drive.There is me and the Mrs who are the two drivers and the rest of our party consists of my disabled mother in her wheelchair and our 4 children,one who is a toddler and one who is disabled,so there is no way we could leave them whilst we get the cars as it normally takes a good 30-45 by the time we've got all the paperwork sorted and so on.

When was it you were last at the airport ? We were there last in October and will be out again next month.

It was a few weeks ago but I go opposite direction to car park 3 so not absolutely sure about actually right up to car park 4 just know the work was ongoing right outside departure. I forgot about the new arrangements at car park 4 you used to just pick your car up and off you went.
Cubsur will be along by morning he or someone else will most definitely have the answer.
Quite a lot hire using car park 4.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/May/2016 at 19:33

It was a few weeks ago but I go opposite direction to car park 3 so not absolutely sure about actually right up to car park 4 just know the work was ongoing right outside departure. I forgot about the new arrangements at car park 4 you used to just pick your car up and off you went.
Cubsur will be along by morning he or someone else will most definitely have the answer.
Quite a lot hire using car park 4.

Yes it was much easier when we use to collect the car directly from carpark 4,but then they put a stop to that which has made it a bit of a pain in the rump.

Last time the poor layout made us late to carpark 4 and were then charged €30 each for each of the cars we were hiring because we got there 2 minutes over the arranged time and that made it out of hours pick up.lucky enough I complained and we got a refund from the hire company when I explained.
A9NDY View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/May/2016 at 19:38
It's still a right mess eveywhere and its not complete till 2017 maybe contact faro airport to see if they can assist you in someway

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/May/2016 at 19:45
Originally posted by A9NDY A9NDY wrote:

It's still a right mess eveywhere and its not complete till 2017 maybe contact faro airport to see if they can assist you in someway

That's not a bad idea at all.

We always get special assistance at both the uk airport and faro but never thought about assistance out to the carpark.

Thanks for the suggestion
Big Col View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/May/2016 at 19:48
Sorry can't answer your question but you've raised another. Are there no hire companies where you pick up the car directly from Car Park 4?

All of my previous hires(up to September 2015) were from CP4 but we had to pay an airport levy. We've never been driven off airport to collect the car.
Colin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/May/2016 at 19:53
Originally posted by Big Col Big Col wrote:

Sorry can't answer your question but you've raised another. Are there no hire companies where you pick up the car directly from Car Park 4?

All of my previous hires(up to September 2015) were from CP4 but we had to pay an airport levy. We've never been driven off airport to collect the car.

There is a hut type thing in carpark 4 that some hire company / companies operate out of but from previous trips we have found these companies to be far more expensive than what we currently get.

Also my partner once hired a car from Gold car which was located at the other end of the airport and she got robbed out of so much money.
Big Col View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/May/2016 at 19:57
Ironically I usually find them better value but book through Enonomy Car Hire. I'm out 2 weeks today and expect to collect from CP4.

Colin
A9NDY View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/May/2016 at 20:01
At the end of the day they are causing a disruption hindering less abled passengers ect ..... they've should have a contingency plan in place to help.....
stuart123 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/May/2016 at 20:07
I collected from CP4 at Easter - no problems, but did have to pay the 15 euro "admin fee/tax/rip off"

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/May/2016 at 20:09
Originally posted by stuart123 stuart123 wrote:

I collected from CP4 at Easter - no problems, but did have to pay the 15 euro "admin fee/tax/rip off"

That's the thing,we save €30 by being taken to a compound just outside the airport perimeter.
sidsmum View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/May/2016 at 22:11
Biggunspaul, back to your very original question...re pavements & kerbs...
arrived at Faro on Saturday 7th May,
as you leave the terminal building there is a small area of uneven concrete, not a trip hazard, just a bit up & down when trying to steer a trolley full of cases or a wheelchair.
This lead to an undercover walkway (signposted P4) which has solid level flooring.
This brings you out to the zebra crossings, paved walkways and dropped kerbs that take you across the car parking areas to the P4 car hire "hut".
Top tip (having also been in a wheelchair on a couple of occasions at Faro) don't see the "hut" and aim for it, thinking it's a short cut - follow the pathways & zebra crossings, even though it looks a longer route, it ensures dropped kerbs!
It all looked the same when we left yesterday evening!

Also, out of interest, is mum taking her own wheelchair?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic