Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Currency & Exchange Rates /Câmbios
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Euro rate at moment.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 99100101
Author
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cameroncleggout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/October/2021 at 10:41
News outlets predicting UK interest rate rise next month. So if possible, hang on a short while before purchasing you`re euros.
cameronout
pyrman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyrman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/October/2021 at 22:20
Thinking of re-appraising our atm advice this week ... pound at 1.19 and after declining conversion I got 1.06 from the multibanco in Pingo Doce Worms ... the Cambio on 5 October was giving 1.10 ...
Pyrman
Bunnyrunner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bunnyrunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/October/2021 at 09:36
Yes the rate is determined by the card provider not the ATM machine. You need to have a card that charges no cash advance fees and no sterling transaction fee. You shouldn't get charged a fee using a MultiBanco machine but you will get charged 3.99 if you use a Euronet ATM regardless of how much or how little you take out.

I took out 200€ on Monday at the MB at Intermarche next to the Arte bar, I have been charged £169.43 which is a rate of 1.1804, this was using a Halifax Clarity card.

According to Currencies Direct the exchange rate on that day was 1.1869 so I got only just over half a cent below the daily rate and in my experience that is quite usual for it to be just half a cent or so less.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 99100101
  Share Topic