Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Algarve
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Current state of play - Covid and post-Brexit

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 17>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deegall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/September/2021 at 19:28
A test at Faro near marina I'm hoping to use next mth when out . Will be using randox at Antrim pre Post travel
RogerD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/September/2021 at 22:13
Hello All.

Im wondering if you could tell me where the best place to print off a passenger locator form to return home would be?

Many thanks
Heading out again on May 24th and Oct 5th in 2014!!!
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/September/2021 at 07:57
Whereabouts in town are you? It's a big place and there are not many places with printers now.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
peteknopp View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peteknopp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/September/2021 at 09:38
www.the-cottage.biz offers free printing on the strip. Map etc on web site
Bunnyrunner View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bunnyrunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/September/2021 at 11:26
In the new town pretty much opposite the CMA, next block along from McDonalds almost next door to the Indian Sizzler, there is a sports bar Net@Kafe on 2nd floor which does prints and large beer is only2€Wink. Further along at the end of same block towards Pingo Doce there is an Indian phone shop does prints, although since covid you don't use the computer to print yourself, you send it to them by email.

NB! if you are returning to UK you don't need prints anyway, on your phone is sufficient and nobody will ask to see them anyway (IMO)
RogerD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/September/2021 at 18:09
Sorry should have said I am not out there currently and am going next month and wanted to know how I could print them off if needed.

It's all a bit of a headache with all the extra forms.

Thanks again.
J2me-2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J2me-2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/September/2021 at 19:38
Google 'ryanair passenger location form' and look out for mandatory travel documents link. That opens a table with a list by country. Scroll down to Portugal and select the 'EN' version. That brings you straight to the necessary form. Fill it in.
Note you cannot submit the form until 4 days before travel.
After you submit it on-line, you will receive an email with an attachment. Open the email using a computer linked to a printer. To open the attachment you will need the password (probably your passport number). Once the document is open, print it.
Job done - or repeat the process for the next person.
Don't be tempted to just print the barcode. Everyone gets the same barcode. You need the two page document.
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/September/2021 at 08:20
It is bizarre that a government that wants to make people do everythng on line and digitally insists on reams of paper to document one's whereabouts.

Anyway, useful information for people who need printers.
Albufeira Resident

RogerD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/September/2021 at 19:47
Originally posted by peteknopp peteknopp wrote:

www.the-cottage.biz offers free printing on the strip. Map etc on web site

We have ate in the cottage several times on our trips before Pete. Many thanks. Would we have to book the use of the printer or could we just walk in and use it?

Thanks
peteknopp View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peteknopp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/September/2021 at 21:49
no need to book. all details up near the tv on how to send forms to the printer. catch up next month!! 
JuliejH View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JuliejH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/September/2021 at 21:10
Are the current restrictions in the Algarve due to be changed ? We were told that masks and social distancing was going ?
bob d View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bob d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/September/2021 at 22:02
No masks required outside from 19-00 tonight.
we're not brazil we're norn iron
Algarveaddick View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Algarveaddick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/September/2021 at 07:30
But still recommended in crowded areas, Bobby. 
Go away Duchatalet
cameroncleggout View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cameroncleggout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/September/2021 at 09:43
It would appear (if reports are correct) That Buffoon Boris is about to announce  the demise of PCR tests for travellers arriving in the UK.

Obviously, his mates have emptied all our pockets of enough cash to finally retire. Anyhow it could mean that millions more people (myself included) will be travelling abroad in 2022 , Hope Albufeira`s businesses have survived, See you next summer  (maybe)  
cameronout
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/September/2021 at 11:47
"Hope Albufeira`s businesses have survived"

Almost all have, so far.

I am due to fly to UK to Thursday. Having already forked out my £68 I shall be well p****d off if that rule is scrapped before then. No problem coming back of course as I have the magic EU wand I can wave.
Albufeira Resident

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 17>
  Share Topic