Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Algarve
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Current state of play - Covid and post-Brexit

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 17>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/August/2021 at 09:02
Originally posted by Jock Jock wrote:

Originally posted by cubsur cubsur wrote:

Those in charge reckon all social restrictions will be removed by early October. Just in time for the winter influenza season.

I am reminded of a character in a long ago kid's TV programme, Toytown.  It had a character called Mr. Growser whose regular sayings were "It's disgrrrrraceful" and "It ought not to be allowed".

Something must be done or we are all doomed, dooomed!
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
sunseeker2010 View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunseeker2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/August/2021 at 11:40
Originally posted by cubsur cubsur wrote:

Originally posted by sunseeker2010 sunseeker2010 wrote:

Cubsur - How many are allowed in a taxi?

No-one can sit next to the driver and in theory ony 2 of the 3 back seats can be occupied. That didn't stop three if us being on the back seat to get back home after Euro 2020 final.

In larger vehicles capacity is limited to 2/3rds, so maximum four in a six seater, six in a nine seater etc. Children are counted as one passenger, so a family of four needs either a six seater (of which there are few) or two normal sized cars.

Thanks for confirming. It was the same last September.
AJSUGGY View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AJSUGGY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/August/2021 at 16:01
What are the latest stats for Covid in Albufeira.
peteknopp View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peteknopp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/August/2021 at 18:05
the R rate has dropped to 0.98

Todays figures from the DGS:

The DGS have announced another 2,306 new cases +8 deaths for Portugal today.

The 14 day rate DECREASES for the 7th consecutive day to 387.2 a drop of 11.0

The 7 day rate also DECREASES for the 9th consecutive day to 172.8 a drop of 3.1

Regions rates (new cases) +/- rates 

North 411.2 (874 +2 deaths) -12.1

Central 162.6 (227) -4.1

LVT 537.7 (770 +5 deaths) -17.7

Alentejo 193.3 (129) +1.6

Algarve 776.1 (241 +1 death) -3.8

Madeira 164.1 (17) +3.2

Azores 304.2 (48) +2.1

Hospitals rise but remain under the risk matrix %

Hospitalised cases have increased by 28 to 923 (62%)

ICU cases have increased by 5 to 200 (79%)

Active cases have increased by 798 after another 1500 have recovered

copied from trip advisor

AJSUGGY View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AJSUGGY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/August/2021 at 19:40
Thanks Pete. 
J2me-2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J2me-2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/August/2021 at 23:01
The national rate has fallen from circa 440 on July 25 to 387 today (based on the 14 day average).

The Algarve average is significantly higher than the Portuguese average but that said, I think it is quiet similar to the UK average.

It is important to remember that the new infection rate is falling (in both cases) at a good rate, despite the fact that the Delta variant dominates in both.

Seasonal fruit-picking and the associated transient workforce have been mentioned as a contributory factor distorting the regional figures, though I have no idea how much that contributes to the overall numbers.
cameroncleggout View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cameroncleggout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/August/2021 at 11:24
Save 2022 !!!! Get Vaccinating or be prepared for more of the same in 2022 
cameronout
Algarveaddick View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Algarveaddick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/August/2021 at 13:33
Originally posted by cameroncleggout cameroncleggout wrote:

Save 2022 !!!! Get Vaccinating or be prepared for more of the same in 2022 

While I entirely agree. All the time we are required to take expensive tests before and after travelling, vaccinated or not, things are not going to get back to normal. Improve a bit, yes, but not normal.  
Go away Duchatalet
Teresa View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Teresa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/August/2021 at 15:54
Planning my trip next year as well but I agree that, unfortunately, it'll still be a while before things are normal.  So many issues for countries to agree on, vaccinations, mixed vaccinations/boosters, types of tests, different rules for types of travel (ie plane, cruise, etc.).  I believe Britons received the AZ vaccine from the UK/Euro facility but, many Canadians received the AZ vaccine produced in India and, now, these are not considered 'vaccinated' in many countries.  Just a mess!

Friends and I were trying to plan a trip to the US, not so far from my home, and we've nixed it because just too complicated and not worth the risks/costs if you test positive for return.

Very disappointing that 2021 travel has been lost for many.  (But, of course, there are certainly much worse circumstances for many...  :(  )

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/August/2021 at 17:27
"Seasonal fruit-picking and the associated transient workforce..."

They are counted in the numbers for a given council area, even though they mostly work in remote areas far from the general populace and come into little or no contact with anyone other than their gang bosses. Who keep their distance no doubt!

Vaccination should be made compulsory for all adults. Anyone refusing should be fired from work (this is about to happen for many in France whose work brings them into contact with 'the public') moreover I think that anyone seeking hospital treatment having refused vaccination should be made to pay.

That would focus a few minds.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
Develd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Develd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/August/2021 at 17:47
Did you get a bang on the head in France?
dpx3001 View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpx3001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/August/2021 at 18:02
I would go one step further, schedule when each person world wide must go to hotel/bar (also which one!), how much they must spend while there etc. We have anarchy now where everybody can choose, bad for economy.
J2me-2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J2me-2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/August/2021 at 18:59
Originally posted by Develd Develd wrote:

Did you get a bang on the head in France?

Clap

Perhaps its the lovely wine..... nah! Missing the favorite beverage is more likely.

I hope the annual excursion is going really well. Any train journeys planned this year?

Deegall View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deegall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/August/2021 at 16:45
Whats the latest on tests on entry if both double jabbed thinking of a quick week end Aug both got a weeks leave from hospital in Belfast.
bob d View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/August/2021 at 13:41
A test required for entry into Portugal.  

Being from Belfast, I would recommend sending for test from Randox. You do the test at home then leave it in drop box at Antrim. Results in a few hours. Cost £43. 

PLC form filled in before you go. 

Take proof of double jab so no quarantine to do. 

All very easy actually. 
we're not brazil we're norn iron
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 17>
  Share Topic