Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Photo sharing / Partilha de fotos
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - COVID relaxation of restrictions - the new normal
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

COVID relaxation of restrictions - the new normal

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orada-man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: COVID relaxation of restrictions - the new normal
    Posted: 19/May/2020 at 13:21
I came across this video firstly on Facebook and thought I should post a link here. The guy cycles through the Old Town on the first day of COVID restrictions being relaxed showing some small establishments being open again, the only problem being the lack of people and tourists in and around Albufeira.

Interesting historical point in time all the same and he will be putting Tom out of business Smile

Link has been tested and works.
Sponsored Links

Big Col View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Col Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/May/2020 at 13:33
Yes, watched that this morning, very interesting. He did one a while ago when lockdown started.

Faster than Tom but not as detailed and certainly not "one of us"
Colin
pyrman View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyrman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/May/2020 at 13:37
Great to see so many opening ... all we need is a few flights coming in. Delighted to see Dreams Cafe in the square open again ... good luck to Zellia, etc .. no new cases in Albufeira in the past 9 days ... 
Pyrman
Jayjan View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jayjan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/May/2020 at 13:42
He posted a video of him cycling through the old town as of yesterday 18th May, still not many people around. If your a member of DestinationAlbufeira on facebook you can view as https://www.facebook.com/groups/395095684362185/

Whoops just realised its the same video, but can't delete my post.
Polli the dancing cat strikes again.
Jock View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/May/2020 at 14:14
Thanks Orada Man. Good to see that video.  Had to slow the playback a bit to catch everything.
It is no coincidence that in no known language does the phrase 'As pretty as an Airport' appear. Douglas Adams
bebop View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bebop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/May/2020 at 23:00
Thank you for that link Orada man, lovely to see the familiar places.
Super__Ally View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Super__Ally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/May/2020 at 09:11
Lovely. thank you
Ally
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/May/2020 at 09:55
But there is still no sign of the popular ex-pat, tourist bars and clubs being allowed to re-open. According to some owner's associations quoted in the media, they have been 'forgotten'. If 'social distancing' is to become permanent, which I fear may be so, then they can never re-open.

I will be in town either later today or some time tomorrow. I will get a few pictures of those open places if I can, but my little camera has died.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
bob d View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/May/2020 at 16:56
The Waterfront has reopened and busy. 

Agree Cubsur, it will be tricky but not impossible for some of the tourist bars to reopen. 

Unfortunately the one that you and I would frequent the most has no terrace which is an even bigger disadvantage right now. 

But as we all know, practically every restaurant has a ‘bar’ of some description and so it’s quite possible to go and order a toastie plus 10 pints. Me thinks we will all have to change our tactics for a time. 
we're not brazil we're norn iron
Jayjan View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jayjan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/May/2020 at 18:34
Found this statement earlier today from Monday.

Prime Minister's Statements on Bars and Nightclubs
The Prime Minister acknowledges that this is not the time to open bars and nightclubs, and that it may even be the case that they will not reopen all summer "if necessary". In an interview with TSF on Monday, António Costa admitted that there are still no dates planned for the reopening of this type of establishment. A warning that has added to the sector's concern.
"It is not on our calendar yet. We have to make [the reopening] in a gradual way and starting with the sectors of activity where it's easier to regulate and establish rules for distancing. Now, activities that, by their very nature, live not from distance but, on the contrary, from proximity and interaction, it is clear that they will be in the last place of those that can reopen", the Prime Minister began by saying.
Asked if bars and nightclubs might not open this summer, Costa answered: "If necessary. If not, even better. If it is, it will have to be... We can't now call into question what we've achieved with enormous difficulty from people. There are people who have not left their home for two months. Only today will families be able to visit their relatives in nursing homes again. Only today will parents be able to put their children in day care. And they do it with a very divided heart, not knowing if it is a risk for the child," he said.
And he insisted: "We cannot question what we have achieved." And he remembered one criterion: "Maximum containment, minimum disturbance."
This does not apply to snack bars with catering licences
sunseeker2010 View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunseeker2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/May/2020 at 20:00
Paulo's bar appears to be open as he has an outdoor terrace. That's a really friendly place with good drinks.
Jayjan View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jayjan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/May/2020 at 22:46
Originally posted by bob d bob d wrote:

The Waterfront has reopened and busy. 

Agree Cubsur, it will be tricky but not impossible for some of the tourist bars to reopen. 

Unfortunately the one that you and I would frequent the most has no terrace which is an even bigger disadvantage right now. 

But as we all know, practically every restaurant has a ‘bar’ of some description and so it’s quite possible to go and order a toastie plus 10 pints. Me thinks we will all have to change our tactics for a time. 
bob d someome on Tripadvisor Algarve  forum posted  earlier  who lives in Carvoeiro saying they are sat in a bar which is open  and having food delivered to them from the restaurant next door. How is that legal? hahaha , but where there's a will there's a way lol.
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/May/2020 at 09:21
I am sure a way will be found. Even so, being two metres apart in there would be difficult. That, by the way, is being ignored at the two establishments in my street.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic