Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Restaurants & Portuguese Cuisine / Restaurantes & a Comida
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Clay Oven

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiganut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Clay Oven
    Posted: 07/November/2018 at 12:24
We went to the Clay Oven,top food,& I am very fussy about my Indian meals.They don't take bookings,& get very busy.No idea on price,as my girlfriend treated me.Big smile
He Who Dies With The Most Toys Wins
Sponsored Links

Super Bock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Super Bock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/November/2018 at 18:46
The best Indian I have ever been to, not cheap but fantastic food and great service.
hamlet View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hamlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/November/2018 at 00:49
The new premises are not as cosy as the old "single end" they

used to be in. The "boss" young man in charge told us two years ago that

it was the intention to re-open the old place.

Hopefully will be giving it the once over this week

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Super Bock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/November/2018 at 04:52
The smaller place is open, I think they have just closed for the winter.
tiganut View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiganut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/November/2018 at 06:35
The boss is a lady called Mina.&,so I am informed,they have bought the place next door,which makes more sense.
cameroncleggout View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cameroncleggout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/November/2018 at 12:51
Can`t stand Indian food myself but they were both open (Clay Ovens) whilst we were over in August - September
cameronout

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Super Bock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/November/2018 at 07:03
Yes they are extending the bigger restaurant, but keeping the smaller one as well!
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/November/2018 at 10:10
Yep, Clay Oven is good, but the best Indian food around here is at Mr. Singhs! No contest. 👍
Andrew
tiganut View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiganut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/November/2018 at 07:15
Where is it Andrew?,I will give it a try.
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/November/2018 at 13:04
If you go to Valle Para roundabout and take the road to the coast it’s about a mile on the left, the area is called Valle Rabelho, Valley of rabbits. The decor is plain, the staff are very friendly, the food, superb, I recommend the King Prawn Kadai, also available with chicken or lamb, but a cracking dish, I have it medium strength.
One of the areas most famous residents is also a frequent customer here, and if he rates it, given I’m sure he’s tried many far more salubrious, then that’s a further recommendation! 👍
Enjoy, let us know what you think.
Andrew
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/November/2018 at 15:58
Here it is...
Tofree image upload
Andrew
tiganut View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiganut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/November/2018 at 06:57
Will do mate.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic