Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Local Transportation / Transportes Locais
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Car Hire

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wireman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Car Hire
    Posted: 19/November/2018 at 14:01
I was hoping to ask Malagabob his thoughts re Centauro car hire through zest but the previous topic has been closed hence the new. Has anyone else used or has heard feedback on Centauro? Just trying to get an idea before finalising a booking.

Malagabob quote:
Thanks for your views. I have decided to give Centauro a go. ( they do fair fuel also ) Mainly because they were the cheapest plus as they are off airport I won't be charged the 15€, saving me close to 35€.
Having had many times experience of picking up from P4, and waying up how long it's taken to be seen, do paperwork, shown to car. I think the meet and greet shuttle to compound would be the same if not less.
I will do a report after I return.

Bob, did you get to use Centauro?
Regular Visitor
Sponsored Links

malagabob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malagabob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/November/2018 at 19:08
Wireman sent you a PM
Never put off something that you could do today
Wireman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wireman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/December/2018 at 12:12
Originally posted by malagabob malagabob wrote:

Wireman sent you a PM
Cheers
Regular Visitor
malagabob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malagabob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/December/2018 at 12:03
Is everyone who hires cars in Portugal and the rest of Europe aware of the new well Oct 2018. fuel identities. at pumps.. I wasn’t until I came across it on the Zest web site.

Petrol unleaded 98 will now be a bold circle with “E5” inside
Petrol unleaded 95 will now be a bold circle with “E10” inside
Diesel / gasoline will now be a bold square with “B7” inside
LPG (Liquefied Petroleum Gas) will now be a bold diamond with “LPG” inside.

https://www.zestcarrental.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/Fuel-e1539095247903.png

malagabob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malagabob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/March/2019 at 07:47
Usually book car hire through Zest, but have found cheaper rental companies. Anyone used the likes of Argus, or iInterrent. Or can recommend any other. Pick up or shuttle at airport. Thanks.
sidsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sidsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/May/2019 at 19:42
Originally posted by malagabob malagabob wrote:

Usually book car hire through Zest, but have found cheaper rental companies. Anyone used the likes of Argus, or iInterrent. Or can recommend any other. Pick up or shuttle at airport. Thanks.

Hey malagabob,
did you hire a car on your last trip? any good/bad experiences?!
Many thanks
Sidsmum

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic