Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Users Chit Chat / Conversa entre Utilizadores
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedBuses to Faro

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Buses to Faro
    Posted: 31/January/2017 at 16:03
Hi There
I can see the regulars on here sighing with this question - especially as I have been to Albufeira many times before. I have seen the excellent posters bus schedule on here informing us of the times from Albufeira bus station and the difference between express services and stopping at all stops on way to Faro.
My question is that in January I noticed a bus stopping at a bus stop near the taxi rank at top of strip and a little further back and virtually opposite the clay oven) and had 'Faro Direct' as its destination.
I am staying in Eirasol and would like to know if this is an express bus that I could get instead of me going all the way back to bus station to catch?

Thanks
Sponsored Links

pyrman View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/January/2017 at 23:10
Directa is just one of the names for the `slow` route... the faster bus goes by a different route from the bus terminal ... but buses at the strip still get you to Faro ... check the timetables on Cubsur`s excellent site   www.algarvebus.info
Pyrman
hamlet View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/February/2017 at 00:33
No need to go to bus station to connect with either of the buses as they stop at the appropriate bus stops on the main road.
There is only 15 minutes difference in the transit time so what is that when you are on holiday. Just in case you are using the bus to go to Faro Airport, the stop is outside the Bus Terminal and across the road on the side of the two cafes. Leave enough time for a beer in the café. If its sightseeing relax with a refreshment at the café/restaurant at the Marina which is 15 minutes from Bus Station.
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/February/2017 at 09:58
By the time you have trekked up all the way to the bus station for the Transrápido fast bus you would be well off down the road towards Faro. They  are quite often 10 - 15 minutes late anyway. It make sense to take the Directa from the stop mentioned. The Directa only runs on weekdays though.

The Normal bus takes, as said, about 15 minutes longer.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
bluebear66 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/February/2017 at 10:24
Many Thanks everyone - only a few weeks till I am back in this great resort again!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic