Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Living in Albufeira / Viver em Albufeira » Algarve Foreign Residents / Residentes Estrangeiros
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bank opening times

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sidsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bank opening times
    Posted: 21/September/2020 at 13:57
Hi All,
Finally back at our apartment after 9 months away (The spiders did a grand job keeping the place tidy 😉)
My question is bank related - even though my bank (CGD caixa geral de depositos) says it opens at 08.30am, I don't trust the online info or what's displayed in branch!
Are banks included in the new restrictions? ie now opening at 10am?

The queue was very long at 10.45am today. Continente and the surrounding areas/car parks were also busy. Is Monday errands day for the locals?
TIA xx
Sponsored Links

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/September/2020 at 07:50
Banks in commercial centres maybe cannot open until 1000am when the other businesses open. But my bank, based in Albufeira Shopping, says it's open at 0900. The shopping centre website says the shops open at 1000, the supermarket at 0830 and the centre itself at 0900, so how confusing is that?

But keeping the customer informed is the least of their priorities. And it's years since I went into a bank that early!

Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
sidsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sidsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/September/2020 at 08:31
Thanks Tom!
Got to activate replacement bank cards - can't do it by phone - that would be too easy 😉
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/September/2020 at 07:46
That is so and make sure you have every scrap of paperwork you may or imagine you might need.
Albufeira Resident

sidsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sidsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/September/2020 at 20:00
Thanks again Tom - yep took lots of paperwork and various proof of ID. All done within an hour, which included queuing and form filling!!
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/September/2020 at 08:41
Better an experience than many other have had I am sure.
Albufeira Resident

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic