Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Photo sharing / Partilha de fotos
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Arid Albufeira

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Arid Albufeira
    Posted: 15/November/2019 at 09:41
The recent rain has made little difference to the dry and dusty landscape. Pictures taken yesterday afternoon while i walked from Páteo over to Algarve Shopping.

A couple of the vineyards are turning brown, awaiting next year's growth.

Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
Sponsored Links

Big Col View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Col Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/November/2019 at 12:10
Tom, I've been meaning to ask. When I am dragged to Algarve shopping I drive the road from Pateo through the countryside and past Sir Cliff's place. Do you walk that road or is there a pedestrian shortcut?
Colin
peteknopp View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peteknopp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/November/2019 at 12:39
Bigcol, when you drive from Pateo to Guia there is a shortcut on the right which takes you past the vineyard entrance and then to the little roundabout behind the main shopping centre, rather than driving all the way to Guia and then turning right - do you know the road I mean? Its not signposted for the mall but there is a sign or 2 for something else
Big Col View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Col Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/November/2019 at 13:31
Pete, yes that's the shortcut we use (learnt from a taxi driver some 15 years ago).

I wondered whether Tom had to follow that route whilst walking from Pateo or whether he knew a pedestrian shortcut.
Colin
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/November/2019 at 08:50
From Páteo there is a shortcut across a couple of uncultivated fields which takes me out onto the road where it takes a sharp bend just past Eden Resort - see map below.

That's where I took the second picture.

The blue dotted line shows the way by road. The right hand 'kink' from Páteo is the part I can shortcut on foot. That first bit of road out of Páteo has been properly resurfaced following storm damage and is now useable.

Albufeira Resident

Big Col View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Col Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/November/2019 at 18:11
Thanks, that's clear. I cant say I've seen anyone walking the road route which of course has no footpath.
Colin
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/July/2020 at 09:03
The scene near Páteo yesterday. As dry as a bone. There has been some turning of the very stony soil.

Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/July/2021 at 11:55
Almost a year on from the previous pictures. It hasn't rained for weeks and the grass has long since died.

Albufeira Resident

Jock View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/July/2021 at 20:45
is the grass of a kind that starts to grow again when rain comes?
It is no coincidence that in no known language does the phrase 'As pretty as an Airport' appear. Douglas Adams
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/July/2021 at 07:20
Yes, it will be green again in winter, so long as the area hasn't been ploughed too much.
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/October/2021 at 10:59
Still bone dry on Sunday. Páteo area.

Albufeira Resident

TerenceHubbard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TerenceHubbard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/June/2022 at 10:27
Just like your opinion, the topic you brought up I love you so much it is a topic with very good content and is supported by a lot of people and gives a lot of good comments and suggestions.
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/June/2022 at 10:16
Well, thank you. I must get some more pictures of the desert once I am back next week but I read that it is likely to be raining today and tomorrow, so perhaps not so arid.
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/July/2022 at 09:14
Yesterday around Sesmarias and Galé.

Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/August/2022 at 12:43
Several weeks on, still no rain. Everywhere dry and dusty.

Spotted a whole bunch of these growing in dumped soil in the Oceanville ruins. A type of cactus, which seems right as it is a desert here now.

Albufeira Resident

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic