Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Living in Albufeira / Viver em Albufeira » Sports Results & Opinions/Resultados Desportivos e Opiniões
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ALGARVE WOMEN'S CUP MARCH 2020

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyrman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/February/2020 at 16:09
England`s games at She Believes Cup are being televised by BBC ... they also doing two of Scotland`s friendlies (Pinatar Cup) in Murcia ...

Neil Hale`s site ..    https://www.live-footballontv.com/
Pyrman
pyrman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyrman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/March/2020 at 18:50
Wed Mar 4 ...
Denmark 1-2 Norway         
N.Zealand 1-1(7-6p) Belgium    
--------------------------------------------------
Germany 1-0 Sweden        
Portugal 1-2 Italy   

Sat Mar 7 ...
s-finals - winners -    
N.Zealand - Italy
Germany - Norway
5th-8th - losers -
Belgium - Portugal
Sweden - Denmark                 
Pyrman
Lofters View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lofters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/March/2020 at 23:27
…. and to complete the QF picture, tonight at Est Algarve:

Portugal 1-2 Italy.  Heartbreak for the locals. Leading from a first half header, they absorbed nonstop attacking from the Italians after ht. Equaliser arrived on 80min with a header from a corner, then the Mexican arbitro [with the last kick of the match] awarded a penalty resulting from a scrimmage on the edge of the area. I couldn't see exactly what it was about but several players were flatout on the floor before the decision was made. Over all I think it was just a fair result.

On to Saturday next, with effectively 'Winners' and 'Losers' semi-finals.

Winners: Italy v New Zealand [BIG surprise they got past Belgium], and  Germany v Norway.
Losers: Belgium v Portugal and Sweden v Denmark.

Kickoff times and venues to be allocated soonish. Previously announced as at Lagos and Parchal, so good news for everybody out west.
pyrman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyrman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/March/2020 at 13:44
FPF are on their toes this morning ...

Wed Mar 4 ...
Denmark 1-2 Norway         
N.Zealand 1-1(7-6p) Belgium    
--------------------------------------------------
Germany 1-0 Sweden        
Portugal 1-2 Italy   

Sat Mar 7 ...
s-finals - winners -    
N.Zealand - Italy            Parchal, 2100
Germany - Norway           Lagos, 1730
5th-8th - losers -
Belgium - Portugal        Parchal, 1715
Sweden - Denmark          Lagos, 1430
Pyrman
Lofters View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lofters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/March/2020 at 00:34
Playoffs commenced out West today, results:
Sweden 1-2 Denmark in the Losers …… another last minute winner in this Comp which consigned Sweden to the wooden-spoon playoff for 7th/8th. Long time since they have had such poor results and the yellow/blue horde of fans was silent as they trooped out of Lagos.

Germany 4-0 Norway. Very impressive performance by the Germans, completely in control against a Norway team that is not the worst by a long way. I think I'd put my house on Germany lifting the trophy this year.

Belgium 1-0 Portugal. Due to the timings this was the one I couldn't get to. Portugal will be cheesed off at having to play for the wooden-spoon.

Italy 3-0 New Zealand. The surprise semi final. NZs luck started to run out when they had a penalty saved on halftime which would have sent them in level. No effort was spared but they lacked quality and Italy typically had three or four players who were technically gifted. They will give Germany a game in the Final, but no cigar I predict.

so its Final, Wednesday 11th at Parchal, 6.45   Germany v Italy.

NB the latest website update has the other three games all on MONDAY 9th, not Tuesday 10th ….. the venues unallocated as yet [previously announced as Lagos and/or Est Algarve], I will keep my eye on things.

3rd/4th is NZ v Norway.
5th/6th is Belgium v Denmark.
7th/8th is Portugal v Sweden [what is Portuguese/Swedish for Boo-hoo?]. Wink
pyrman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyrman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/March/2020 at 14:04
FPF still on the ball ... here are all the final times, etc

Tue Mar 10 - Dia 3
3-4    New.Zealand - Norway   Stadio Algarve 1600

5-6    Belgium - Denmark                    Lagos   1730

7-6   Portugal - Sweden           Stadio Algarve 2000

11 março 2020 | quarta-feira
Final  -  Itály - Germany                    Parchal   1845

Pyrman
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/March/2020 at 10:57
The final scheduled for tonight has been cancelled.

Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
Lofters View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lofters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/March/2020 at 17:07
Yesterday saw the placings matches completed, sadly as Cubsur reports the Final has been cancelled.

3rd/4th   Norway 2-1  New Zealand. At Estadio Algarve. The best team won, with a latewinner struck well from outside the penalty area. NZ held up well and competed heartily.

5th/6th   Denmark 4-0  Belgium. At Lagos. Unable to catch this one, looks one-sided. All the goals in by 47th minute so with the 12 substitutions subsequent it probably faded away thereafter.

7th/8th   Sweden 2-0 Portugal. At Estadio Algarve. Goals either side of halftime settled this one. The Swedes will be relieved not to have finished last. Portugal were ranked the seventh best pre-tournament so not as bad as it may seem for the locals ….. they are improving nicely.
pyrman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyrman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/October/2020 at 17:15
Big question marks over both the Algarve and Cyprus Womens Cups in 2021, where the FIFA window has moved earlier to Feb 15-24 ... and both Portugal and Cyprus will be involved in postponed EURO qualifiers along with Scotland, Finland, Norway, Spain, Italy .. and still the possibility of more in November ...  can they be played minus thr hosts ?
Pyrman
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/October/2020 at 09:42
Such is the window for organisation of these events that I think we can safely dismiss any possibility of that tournament being played next year. No-one would commit themselves as of now and soon it will be too late.

I will not be surprised if any football, rugby or anything else below the rarified TV sponsored levels is being played by then.

Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic