Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Restaurants & Portuguese Cuisine / Restaurantes & a Comida
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Alfredo's Restaurant

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Algarveaddick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Alfredo's Restaurant
    Posted: 16/June/2019 at 08:29
I am pleased to tell you that Alfredo's Restaurant in Rua Das Telecomunicacaos has re-opened under new management. Once we have tried it, I shall report back... 
Go away Duchatalet
Sponsored Links

A9NDY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A9NDY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/June/2019 at 16:01
Hope it’s as good as it used to be ,will give it a try when I’m next out
A9NDY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A9NDY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/June/2019 at 23:34
Will it be keeping the name or changing it ?

Algarveaddick View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Algarveaddick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/June/2019 at 08:11
Same name I am pleased to say. 
Go away Duchatalet
A9NDY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A9NDY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/June/2019 at 16:05
Anyone given it a try yet ?
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Algarveaddick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/June/2019 at 10:29
Hope to go tomorrow Andy. 
Go away Duchatalet
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Algarveaddick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/June/2019 at 09:36
Went last night. Disappointing.  
Go away Duchatalet
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/June/2019 at 09:53
Oh dear. Is that because it’s new staff and they’re finding their way though?
Andrew
A9NDY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A9NDY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/June/2019 at 15:48
I’ll still give it a try.... they might still be finding their feet not over for till September will report back
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Algarveaddick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/June/2019 at 14:36

They handed us the old menu - so we were delighted to see chicken or pork cordon bleu offered with sauces ( Alfredo's always was the only restaurant in town that offered it, as far as I know ) . But then the waiter said they were not doing that, they were waiting for their new menus from the printer. The menus they have, have those clear leaves you just slip a printed sheet into, half a days work to get the correct menu in front of your new customers - I put together the menu they gave us, so I should know... Not a good start.  

There was no reaction to our disappointment, no - "Oh, do you think we should do that", or "maybe we will bring that in for the future", just a verbal listing of the days "specials", which were the standard Portuguese fare you can buy in any one of half a dozen restaurants within about a three minute walk.  

We all had garlic bread with and without cheese to start - that was very nice.

For mains, two of us had Portuguese steak - which was fine, nothing spectacular. One ordered the fish fillets in seafood sauce she had had on Monday, but got something different - two prawns were included and there were shrimps in the seafood sauce, which she didn't like (slight allergy), in fairness they were prepared to change it, but she just picked them out and put them to the side. My missus had chicken breast in pepper sauce, nice sauce but not enough of it, nice vegetables, but the chicken was awful. Other than serving it raw surely there is little you can do wrong with a flattened, plain chicken breast? Well they managed. Like shoe leather was the wife's verdict.

For dessert I had a chocolate/oreo pie, sickly and alright. The missus had passionfruit cheesecake. Hardly any passionfruit flavour to it at all.  

We shall wait for their "proper" menu to come out, but from all the evidence so far, I suspect a copy of, as I said, half a dozen other restaurants in the area. I will keep you all informed...                

Go away Duchatalet
A9NDY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A9NDY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/June/2019 at 20:37
The chicken cordon bleu with jacket potato was my fave and likewise never seen it offered anywhere else
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Algarveaddick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/June/2019 at 09:59
Oh yes Andy - that was always another winning edge Alfredo had - the "potato of the day" option, that seems to have disappeared too. Or if it is still there as an option, it was not offered.      
Go away Duchatalet
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic