Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Beaches / As Praias
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Albufeira's beaches today

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 100101102103104 115>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/June/2020 at 20:10
Early this afternoon, Praia co Castelo, Praia do Coelho and Praia São Rafael in that order, plus some bits in between. It was a pleasant day, but the wind was starting to pick up a bit.

Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
port princess View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote port princess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/June/2020 at 20:17
Thanks Tom really appreciate all the photos when stuck here in scotland thanks again
Portprincess
malagabob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malagabob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/June/2020 at 03:03

Never put off something that you could do today
malagabob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malagabob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/June/2020 at 03:06
Never put off something that you could do today
lucyr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/June/2020 at 09:09
what an amazing set of photos, thanks very much for sharing. They create a wee burst of happiness in this very peculiar time.
my beautiful portugal
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/June/2020 at 16:46
Not many on the beach today. The Policia Marítima were on patrol in their beach buggy.

Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/July/2020 at 17:33
Still not many on the beach today. I would imagine the holidaymakers are sitting around their hotel pools having a wonderful time.

Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/July/2020 at 15:15
Very quiet still, considering the numbers supposed to be here. The additional triangular beach occupation warning flags are here and there, but not at all 'entrances' for example there isn't one at the steps and lift near the Rocamar. Incidentally, the lift is out of service.

There are small flags on the beach but 50 - 60 metres from where you might step onto the sand, thus almost invisible. Also seen at some places are the disinfectant dispensers for hands and feet (?) but I saw no-one using them.

So few are the numbers you can easily claim 200 square metres for yourself.

Some of the activities out of the marina are obviously operating. What are missing are the 'trips to the caves' short trips off the beach plus the waterborne rides.

Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/July/2020 at 14:16
Lunchtime today. A hot day, 32º, just starting to get a bit windy. It was I think a little busier than last week although still nowhere near as busy as this time last year. Very few on the sunbeds. I did notice that there was one notice advertising a boat trip to the caves, but just the one. There are none of the watery activities that there would have been in previous summers.

Albufeira Resident

Jock View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/July/2020 at 12:07
All that mostly going to waste at the moment. What a shame.
It is no coincidence that in no known language does the phrase 'As pretty as an Airport' appear. Douglas Adams
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/July/2020 at 16:16
Olhos de Agua today

Don't have time to repost here just yet.
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/July/2020 at 10:37
Here's those pictures.

I haven’t been there for a long while, so I took a short trip on Sunday afternoon. It wasn’t so hot as it has been (only around 28ºC) and there was a bit of a breeze, so quite pleasant overall. I noticed that several of the restaurants and bars at the top of the hill were closed. Down at the bottom, almost all were open and moderately busy. The beach was fairly busy, but with the tide full and just on the turn there wasn’t much room for any latecomers. There were several boats out on the water.

On the way (I walked from Santa Eulália) I noticed this new piece of flood defence. Rainwater from the roadside drains will be channelled down this artificial waterfall into a catchment. From a tunnel under the road takes it to the sea.

Off the beach, several boats and their occupants were enjoying an afternoon on the water.

Top of the hill leading down to the beach. Very quiet around there.

The busy beach, with the tide almost full.

A busy restaurant along the Estrada de Albufeira. By far the busiest I saw.

This is a long way from home. Seen among the fishing boats. The company is still in business. These old pulleys are sold for £30 – £40 on Ebay. This one is still used to winch the boats up onto the ramp.

Ansell-Walsall-block

Albufeira Resident

lucyr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/July/2020 at 11:34
thanks very much for the photos, still looks very quiet, maybe it will change

my beautiful portugal
pyrman View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyrman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/July/2020 at 09:30
sorry to interrupt ... lost the other thread. For the Carvoeiro beachcam ... you wont believe this .. but Meo say they have deliberately blurred the camera ... `for data protection reasons` ...
Pyrman
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/July/2020 at 10:11
No such blurring on the Albufeia webcam but it is distant view anyway. Laws here are very strict which is why there are so few CCTV security cameras. Criminals are entitled to protection against intrusion into their personal lives.

Not many on the Albufeira beach this morning.

Meanwhile the latest piece of genius thinking is to ban the parking of motor homes at beaches.  Even for a few hours during the day. The rationale escapes me.
Albufeira Resident

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 100101102103104 115>
  Share Topic