Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Beaches / As Praias
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Albufeira's beaches today

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 104105106107108 115>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/March/2021 at 15:22
 A windy day and rough sea but there were several hardy types catching some rays earier today.

Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/April/2021 at 16:11
There were just a handful of people on the beach today. It was sunny, abouu 20º, but was starting to get windy.

I don't think this work is completed but it doesn't look very promising.

Work is also starting on clearing the bushes off the cliff and replacing the wire netting that stops loose rocks from landing on people.

This is the outfall at Inatel. That is not water. It was very smelly.

Outside the hotel there is much work going on. The road there is closed.

Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/April/2021 at 16:21
Beach at lunchtime. You can see that it has been 'swept' but few people were around on a cool and windy day. The beach places are closed except I noticed that the terrace at Inatel was open.

Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/April/2021 at 10:11
The beach, although still fairly quiet, was busier yesterday than recently. It was a fairly warm day and not too windy.  The tide was just on the turn, the water still and clear.

The picture is though rather spoiled by the two storm drains. I can't help thinking that the one on the town beach is a poor job if that's the finished product. Although there is slot for the main water flow, if that is blocked any overflow would run right across the beach. At the Inatel site, the outfall at the moment is directly across the beach as the picture clearly shows.

Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/April/2021 at 08:37
It was a  bit cold and windy for the beach yesterday afternoon. Several fishermen were on the pier though.

Albufeira Resident

lucyr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/April/2021 at 08:39
thanks for the photos 😀
my beautiful portugal
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/May/2021 at 10:46
A bit windy to be on the bach yesterday. The beach bar was open.

Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/May/2021 at 12:08
Albufeira Resident

Teresa View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Teresa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/May/2021 at 15:03
There will certainly be some interesting tan lines this year!  lol

I anxiously await our world finding 'normal' again one day!  In Toronto, we are still with stay-at-home orders...  although with warmer weather finally coming our way, looking forward to a bit more 'life'.  Hoping patios will soon reopen and limits on outdoor socializing, sports, will be lifted.

There will be no trip to Albufeira for me this year...  but am planning on 2022!!  (Seems so long away! Will have to be content with Canadian pastels de nata! Wacko)
JuliejH View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JuliejH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/May/2021 at 16:45
That’s ridiculous , there is no shred of evidence that people catch Covid outside when socially distant , wearing a mask outside on a beach is nonsense ! And no one will bother which in turn will affect the businesses there and cause yet more hardship ! Outrageous !
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/May/2021 at 07:51
That law is indeed absurd. People can walk all the way through town to the beach not wearing masks. Then they must all don masks to walk maybe 50 or 100 metres across the sand to where they wish to sit, then can remove them.

If you take a ball etc to the beach you must wear masks while playing. Masks must also be worn when going to a beach bar or toilet. Beach bar staff and those hawkers who patrol the beaches must also wear masks at all times.

The COVID police are indeed going to be busy.

And there could be some very strange looking suntans this summer.
Albufeira Resident

pyrman View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pyrman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/May/2021 at 10:08
That pier is a disgrace to a holiday resort like Albufeira ... also the lack of promenade, which could be easily built between Peneco and Praia da Oura ... they could easily have structures like Balneario Camboriu    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAax0bBW8Vc    but just dont seem interested in building anything for tourists.
Pyrman
Teresa View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Teresa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/May/2021 at 14:12
We've had some absurd lockdowns here as well.  I think all politicians, who are NOT experts, make rules based loosely on science and strongly on what they believe will show they 'tried' (covering their a-s in the future).

For a while, our rules were that all non-essential stores were closed and essential stores (groceries and comparables to what I think is a Lidl or Continente??) were open with reduced hours...  so, going into a small store with only 2 or 3 people was dangerous but going into a large store, now more crowded due to reduced hours was safer!  Currently, golf is dangerous but going into crowded public transit buses, where drivers will not enforce masks, is safe!  I tend to play by the rules but some have been ridiculous!

I saw a headline that police were enforcing masks on a clothing optional beach!  lol  

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/czech-nudists-virus-police/index.html

Re adding to tourism infrastructure...  do you think this is due to lack of funds or lack of interest/necessity (ie happy with number of tourists)
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/May/2021 at 08:35
There have been plans to build what would amount to a promenade between the marina and the main town beach, under the cliff, for a long time. But the work would be difficult and during winter the structure would often be under water.

There would be similar problems on other stretches where the crumbly sandstone cliffs would probably need to be removed first. That would be a major undertaking, although not impossible.

I am wondering that with summer tourist numbers probably at their peak (normal conditions) whether there would be any financial benefit unless more tourists could be attracted. That would mean more ugly high rise hotels no doubt.

And I agree entirely with Teresa's first paragraph! The bus and taxi drivers here are very strict about the mask wearing laws. No mask, no ride.
Albufeira Resident

Teresa View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Teresa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/May/2021 at 16:46
I was wondering the same re whether there would be any financial benefit and, even if there were financial benefits, are more tourists wanted?

I've heard/seen more than one article discussing the tourist problems with crowds, fights, etc. I believe more at the Ouro strip than Old town??  For those of you who seem to be there regularly, do you see this as a worsening problem?

Albufeira is already so full and jammed during the summer months that much of it's culture/charm has changed.  I love what it is but I, for one, wouldn't want it to lose more of it's charm.  I once drove not far out of Albufeira and ended up in what I think was Portimao...  I did not find it to be a pretty location (but I may not have been in the 'right place').  It was just block after block after block of high rise hotels and/or condos.  Street level was just tourist shops, fast food, etc.    It seemed to be a town built specifically for tourists....  when compared to the architecture of Albufeira or Lagos.

I would love my parents' condo to increase in value but would be sad if it came at the expense of losing what makes the destination special.  (But, I do think a promenade between Peneco and Praia da Oura would be great! Thumbs Up )
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 104105106107108 115>
  Share Topic