Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Beaches / As Praias
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Albufeira's beaches today

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 103104105106107 115>
Author
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AJSUGGY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/March/2021 at 14:25
Thanks for the close up cubsur I presume the are hoping that the out flow will reduce the time they used to spend back filling after a down pour. I wonder how far out they will take it?
lucyr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/March/2021 at 16:23
Thanks for the photos, read earlier about the work being done, but didn’t realise how extensive, thanks
my beautiful portugal
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/March/2021 at 08:38
Originally posted by AJSUGGY AJSUGGY wrote:

Thanks for the close up cubsur I presume the are hoping that the out flow will reduce the time they used to spend back filling after a down pour. I wonder how far out they will take it?

The other one goes out past the end of the pier, where the sea starts to get deep. It's not obvious from the present situation how far the new one will go, but must be beyond the shallow area where people used to paddle about etc.

I will keep an eye on things.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
AJSUGGY View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AJSUGGY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/March/2021 at 09:57
Thanks for the info. While you are at it I just noticed on the webcam that a wall has been removed from the back of the house next to the Casa del Mar or the next one along its hard to tell from the cam, but it would be easier from the beach. So is it the house that is lived in or the ruined one?
pyrman View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyrman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/March/2021 at 12:19
Pyrman
AJSUGGY View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AJSUGGY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/March/2021 at 14:58
Thank Pyrman. from that view it look like its the rundown building. I presume somebody took the wall and roof down as there is no rubble on the beach,
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/March/2021 at 08:33
I will see if I can get a picture in the next day or two. Certainly there has been some demolition around there. That big building next to Casa del Mar was supposedly sold, but from what I saw through cracks in the fencing a while back it is in a  poor condition with much of the roof gone as you can see.
Albufeira Resident

lucyr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/March/2021 at 10:06
What a stunning, happy photo
my beautiful portugal
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/March/2021 at 10:14
Wrong photo! This is the one I meant. Taken February 2010 for comparison with present day. I will get a new one tomorrow.

Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/March/2021 at 19:00
Well with nothing to do earlier other than literally watch paint dry, I went out to the beach and took some photos in connection with the previous few posts.

First, the 'then and now' with three obvious changes marked. Click to see a larger size.

And some closer shots. Some new paint jobs evident plus a small amount of new construction.

The building next to Casa do Mar still minus part of the roof.

Albufeira Resident

AJSUGGY View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AJSUGGY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/March/2021 at 19:20
Just looked on the google street view from last year and you can see that the outside has been painted so someone is doing some work on it, Any notifications of planning out side it?
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/March/2021 at 08:16
None that I saw. A year or so ago it was possible to peek through the grille on the main door and see the inside, but that has now been completely boarded up.
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/March/2021 at 13:19
A couple of distant views taken while on this morning's exercise period. That's Vilamoura and Quarteira in the background of the first picture.

Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/March/2021 at 16:38
Praia dos Salgados and Galé today.

Albufeira Resident

Jock View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/March/2021 at 19:19
Lovely.
It is no coincidence that in no known language does the phrase 'As pretty as an Airport' appear. Douglas Adams
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 103104105106107 115>
  Share Topic