Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Photo sharing / Partilha de fotos
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ALBUFEIRA WILDLIFE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 13>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/April/2020 at 16:56
Awwww they must be so confused, maybe enjoying
my beautiful portugal
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/April/2020 at 15:05
This visitor flew into the back yard earlier. About 10cm long.

Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/May/2020 at 09:26
The cats don't seem to mind.

Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/May/2020 at 15:47
Not exactly wildlife perhaps, but 'dogman's' last remaining hound. Saw him later in the square.

On the other hand...

This was near where the cats are usually sunning themselves. Sensibly, they were nowhere to be seen.

Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/May/2020 at 14:00
This was giving me the beady eye(s) while I was pulling some weeds earlier. It wasn't doing anything, just sitting there. Not quite as big as the previous visitor, maybe 6 or 7cm without horns.

Albufeira Resident

Jock View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/May/2020 at 11:30
I hope it's vegetarian.
It is no coincidence that in no known language does the phrase 'As pretty as an Airport' appear. Douglas Adams
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/May/2020 at 09:50
They are supposed to be of course, but do they know that? There have also been a few of those big black bees lately, but they won't stay still long enough to be photographed.

Bug spotting will continue.
Albufeira Resident

A9NDY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote A9NDY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/June/2020 at 17:54
Originally posted by cubsur cubsur wrote:

Not exactly wildlife perhaps, but 'dogman's' last remaining hound. Saw him later in the square.

just read on a FB post( from 2am this morning) from a local charity that the dog man/MANDINHO has been taken into a care home as he is not able to look after himself anymore ... and that the GNR  has  taken his dog to the council kennels  and therefore looking for people to adopt/foster his dog .... how sad another character from albuferira has gone, the post said that he lived in an old ruin off the old town square , presuming near the car park as the dog mostly sat there in the shade ?... I last saw dog man in November and seemed in good health with beer in hand with another local man Confused

This was near where the cats are usually sunning themselves. Sensibly, they were nowhere to be seen.

bob d View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/June/2020 at 20:39
Indeed Mandinho or Dogman as he is affectionately known is in a care home. He was in a care home last year as well and if I remember correctly had a stay in hospital but as you say Andy, it looks like it might be permanent this time. I sincerely hope not as we will all miss him. 
we're not brazil we're norn iron
A9NDY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A9NDY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/June/2020 at 21:13
Yeah he had a spell in faro hospital around March time and then discharged.... I remember him having at least 4 dogs at one point , and poping into cafe Leo’s for a beer and watching a bit of football and a chat with the locals . He also spoke a few languages as well ..... this time round I don’t think he’ll be back in town 😳
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/June/2020 at 09:09
I did see Mandinho in town that day, in the square chatting with someone. He seemed OK.
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/June/2020 at 19:12
Nothing like a little nap after a big lunch. Cats are obviously cleverer than getting sardine flesh off the bones than many of us.

Albufeira Resident

A9NDY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A9NDY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/June/2020 at 19:46
And the seagulls will eat the leftovers 😉
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/June/2020 at 15:07
Not what you want to see on your balcony when the windows are open. I wonder if they knew? The little cat down below was keeping an eye on it but the gull was rather bigger.

Albufeira Resident

Jock View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/June/2020 at 15:39
Luckily the gull's business-end is pointing away from the balcony.
Sorry to read of the dog man.  Over here care homes are dangerous places with covid-19 about.
It is no coincidence that in no known language does the phrase 'As pretty as an Airport' appear. Douglas Adams
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 13>
  Share Topic