Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Users Chit Chat / Conversa entre Utilizadores
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Airbnb

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skiddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Airbnb
    Posted: 01/April/2023 at 11:19
Hi everyone we have had a rental in the 'old town for 15yrs.Airbnb have now informed us that we can no longer discriminate against someone's gender or age. We have always listed on our website no under 25's or same sex groups under 25 they have suspended our bookings until we agree to apply with their rules. So basically we now have to accept any age or gender! Is anyone else having this problem with their rental platform that they use? Maybe it's time to sell up
Sponsored Links

JuliejH View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JuliejH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/April/2023 at 14:13
Can you reserve the right to cancel a booking ? If you have the names of all parties that book you could see if it was an all gender party 🤔 and if unhappy cancel their booking ? We also never want that age group or same gender as they do not respect the property sadly 
Skiddy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Skiddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/April/2023 at 14:43
That's the problem Julie you can't now we had an instant book for a group of girls aged 21 & under which I declined because it should have been an inquiry & I was told I cannot decline because I am discriminating against their age.i tried to explain that my apartment is in a very lively town & that's why we have a strict requirement.tried to argue the point but has ended up with our apartment being suspended and unable to accept any other bookings ..so you either have to let any youngsters rent your apt without having any say in it or as we are now going to do is sell up! What is the world coming to when you have no rights or say 🤔
JuliejH View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JuliejH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/April/2023 at 15:25
That’s not good at all, maybe come away from Airbnb , what about VRBO are they any good ?
Or can you phrase to only attract couples, like suitable to those wanting restful holiday or ideal for older groups ? Seems unfair 
Algarveaddick View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Algarveaddick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/April/2023 at 08:57
That does seem unfair. However, I sometimes do a meet and greet for a pal, and we once had four strapping young French lads turn up (my mate thought it was two couples) and I feared the worst. No-one has ever left the place cleaner and tidier... Big smile  
Go away Duchatalet
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic