Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Living in Albufeira / Viver em Albufeira » The Good and the Bad / O Bom e o Mau
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My washing machine has died!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My washing machine has died!
    Posted: 18/December/2017 at 10:45
After a good innings of at least 13 years, the pump has failed so it is now of no use.

More money, more expense. Done nothing but give people money lately.

I did get one last wash out of it but had to wring stuff partly dry like our mothers did.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
Sponsored Links

Big Col View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Col Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/December/2017 at 11:38
Do they have such things as sales at this time of the year like they do in the UK?

Colin
Algarveaddick View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Algarveaddick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/December/2017 at 12:20
If you need a lift to any washing machine shops, just say the word Tom...
Go away Duchatalet
bob d View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/December/2017 at 17:31
Ditto. Remember Perry and the 'washing machine graveyard' story.
we're not brazil we're norn iron
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/December/2017 at 17:40
Originally posted by Big Col Big Col wrote:

Do they have such things as sales at this time of the year like they do in the UK?

LOLLOL
I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
sidsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sidsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/December/2017 at 20:09
Sorry for your loss Tom - now no fly tipping Wink
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/December/2017 at 23:45
Would not a new pump suffice?
Get the repair man in marra, if it’s just the pump, that’s an easy swap.
Andrew
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/December/2017 at 10:00
Thanks for your sympathy and understanding, sob, sob.  I ran the cycle again yesterday. Everything works OK until the final big spin when it is supposed to empty out the drum. It doesn't, leaving about 6 litres of water to be baled out by hand. Not helpful.

The thing is showing signs of age elsewhere, a couple of small rust spots indicate leaks, the door glass is superficially cracked as well and will only get worse.

Time to bite the bullet. Worten have a couple of useful looking deals at the moment. It has to be a small one owing to very restricted access. I shall go see them today.

You will be pleased to know that I do have sufficient clean clothes to last the next week or so!
Albufeira Resident

Big Col View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Col Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/December/2017 at 11:01
Getting updates about your "smalls" is more interesting than the BBC news headlines!

Next time you publish photos of fly tipping on here I hope there aren't any washing machines there or questions will be asked. 🤣
Colin
Jock View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/December/2017 at 17:22
Have you checked the pump? It may be a simple blockage which could be cleared with a pair of long nosed pliers.
It is no coincidence that in no known language does the phrase 'As pretty as an Airport' appear. Douglas Adams
bob d View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/December/2017 at 23:19
Cubsur has now purchased a new one.
we're not brazil we're norn iron
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/December/2017 at 10:03
Pipe wasn't blocked and pump was grinding and making horrible noises but didn't pump the water. Also the ancient clockwork dial thing that selects the program wasn't going around very well.

Got a good deal at Worten for a small one to fit the space, delivery this afternoon, a 5 year guarantee and old one taken away for €359.
Albufeira Resident

sidsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sidsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/December/2017 at 21:19
Thanks for the update - I can sleep well now & stop worrying!!!! LOL
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/December/2017 at 22:26
Likewise, my god, the relief, all is sorted, I feared my seasons festivities were going to be devasteded by worry...I can breath easy at last....
Andrew
Jock View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/December/2017 at 11:13
His only pair of shorts were becoming suspect.
It is no coincidence that in no known language does the phrase 'As pretty as an Airport' appear. Douglas Adams
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic