Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Living in Albufeira / Viver em Albufeira » The Good and the Bad / O Bom e o Mau
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fly tipping

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A9NDY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/December/2017 at 19:10
What a shame, can't understand the mentality of some people, spoiling the landscape perhaps the council should put up cctv in notorious dumping spots, then fine the culprits, 
  Reminds me of fly tipping incident I witnessed in June when were sat on Victorias bar terrace, two guys form a block of flats adjacent to the bar carried a 3 seater settee and a kitchen sink and some other junk and just dumped it  next to the bins... did so without any shame and walked off, the next day there was a huge roll of carpet and boxes of smashed tiles no doubt from the same folks.... left for council to clear up Shocked
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/December/2017 at 20:31
Tom,
Intrigued as to exactly where that’s at but it is fairly typical. I’ve noticed, as a consequence of the austerity measures, since the collections from these recycling sites got reduced, the receptacles were often full when folks, with all good intention, turned up to recycle. When they found the receptacles full their goodwill soon disappears and they dump adjacent, almost in protest.
Not condoning or excusing, just my observation on what’s happening, certainly in several occurrences I’ve seen.
When we take our bottles for recycling and it’s full, which is more often than not, we then put ours in the ‘take all’ bin at the top of our road. That’s not as bad as just dumping but it still peeves me that we can’t recycle.
Andrew
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/December/2017 at 09:50
That was by the Quinta Amizade where the horse riding place is. Heading out of Vale de Parra towards Pêra.  And just inside the Albufeira council limits.

But chucking stuff out of car windows is just plain laziness. Take it home!
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/December/2017 at 11:03
Gotcha, Quinta de Saudade I think is the horse riding place, that’s right on the Albufeira boundary.
Yes, dumping from car windows is totally inexcusable. In a traffic queue at the lights between explorers and dolphins, the driver of the car on my left dropped litter, my Father in my front passenger seat, put his window down and said “Hey, pick that up!”... Unfortunately the guy didn’t and in the few seconds it took for the lights to change we received the most vitriolic verbal abuse imaginable!
Andrew
Linda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/December/2017 at 14:29
Fly tipping and littering a bad problem in UK too. There's no excuse for it. The graffitti awful too - but graffiti so much worse in Portugal and Spain - it's everywhere.  
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/December/2017 at 07:49
The kids and older morons who tag with graffiti know that nothing can happen to them even if caught. Same with that, the councils clean up the tourist areas but the rest is ignored.

Parents either don't know or don't care what their offspring are doing.

Don't we sound like our own parents? Kids today, no sense of responsibility, when we were your age copper would give us a clip round the ear and frogmarch us home to face the slipper...

But we didn't have spray cans and indelible markers.

I am going to watch the cricket.
Albufeira Resident

Jock View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/December/2017 at 12:37
As a Scot I'm genetically incapable of understanding or caring about cricket. To me it's in the same category as the American versions of rounders, netball and rugger.  However, I know poor sportsmanship when I see it and the Aussies have it in spades.  They are terrible losers, maybe because they don't get much practise.  So I hope England can pull a rabbit out of the hat.
It is no coincidence that in no known language does the phrase 'As pretty as an Airport' appear. Douglas Adams
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/December/2017 at 09:48
England pulled a scorpion out of the hat.

I shall be on the lookout for more illegal dumpjng later in the week.
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/April/2018 at 18:03
Do these people have no shame? Even children's English homework was in among this lot. Nothing wrong with the rugs a good clean wouldn't cure. Seen on the way towards Algarve Shopping.

Albufeira Resident

Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/April/2018 at 18:42
Amazed they are dumping wooden pallets, considering how many people pay good money for wood for their wood/log burners!
Andrew
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/November/2018 at 09:50
Near the same place, yesterday. If there is one thing that really p****s me off about the locals it is their littering and dumping. Our descendants are going to be knee deep in plastic bottles for sure.

Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/February/2019 at 10:25
Between Vale Navio and Olhos D'Agua

Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/February/2019 at 11:30
Friday afternoon between Páteo and Cliff Richard's place. Clearly some people have no conscience or respect for the environment and could not care about what others may think.

Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/May/2020 at 16:20
What is wrong with some people here? Spotted these two fairly fresh deposits in the same area as those I took in the previous post, over a year ago.

Albufeira Resident

A9NDY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A9NDY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/May/2020 at 18:34
It’s just as bad in the uk , as the tips have been shut due to the lockdown and finally opened on the 18th.... on my permitted exercise I’ve seen dumped , bags of grass clippings, mattresses, rubble, fridge freezers, beer bottles and even aspestos , don’t people have any shame obviously not   😤
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic