Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Algarve
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Flight Watch

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 83>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J2me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/February/2012 at 14:10
It's a great deal all right.

I wish that Ryanair offered fares like this ex-Dublin. They just are not a low cost airline anymore. Ryanair just aim to be a few bob cheaper than Aer Lingus and take advantage of the deal they have regarding taxes at Faro while Aer Lingus continue to pay the full cost on every seat. Aer Lingus just don't know how to compete. Did you know that Ryanair own a big chunk of Aer Lingus? (Smell a conflict of interest for consumers anywhere folks!!)

I wish Jet2 or Easy Jet would start-up a base in Faro like Ryanair and provide real competition. I assume the latest posturing from EasyJet is to push for much reduced costs, similar to Ryanair. EasyJet possibly feel that Ryanair are getting too good a deal at Faro and that deal is compromising them too.
Super__Ally View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Super__Ally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/February/2012 at 15:08
What annoys me about Ryanair is the encryption process you now have to fill in to check out the cost of a flight. Why is it needed? It has put me right off.
Ally
J2me View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J2me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/February/2012 at 16:38
It make it impossible for other web based firms to sell their (Ryanair) flights. They don't like the idea of that at all.
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/February/2012 at 17:31
BTW, after April there are no Easyjet flights from Stansted to Faro - they have been moved to Southend.
I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
tonisdad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonisdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/March/2012 at 12:08
Use Ryanair all the time from Leeds/Bradford at  least 4 times a year. In the last 7+ years we have only ever had one flight that was not on time.
We have just had return flights for 3 for £150, I can`t see why people knock them all the time all I want to do is get from here to Faro as cheap as possible.
Take seat, reading material out, headphones on, 2 hours 40 minutes later land in Faro.
We plan our trips around Ryanair flight prices and have had return flights for £12.
To avoid the £5 each way charge get a Ryanair passport card which is a prepaid cash card takes a couple of days to sort out £10 fees avoided on return flight. Simple.
J2me View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J2me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/March/2012 at 15:27
I was pricing flights yesterday for this summer. From Dublin, AerLingus are a lot cheaper than Ryanair (€230 v's more than €350 return). Ryanair are so expensive now that I am suspicious that something is up.

Yet Ryanair continue to offer true low cost flights from the UK and many other countries, but there has to be a reason why this is not so from Dublin. I admit that there will be a few reasons. Here is one possibility;

Ryanair own a decent chunk of AerLingus, having tried to buy it on a few occasions. They lost a whole lot of money because the AerLingus shares they now own are worth only a fraction of what they paid for them. What was happening was that Ryanair was strangling AerLingus through low cost flights - and by doing so, Ryanair were actually hurting themselves.

Ryanair have changed some business stategies in the last year or two, now delivering a return for shareholders, something that they never did before. Plus the fact that Ryanair has given-up trying to buy AerLingus (it will never be allowed by the competition authority anyway).

So, in order to increase the value of those AerLingus shares before they are offered for sale, Ryanair could make it so that AerLingus suddenly fill more flights and become more and more profitable. The value of AerLingus shares would rise, and when it makes sense, Ryanair could sell their AreLingus shares to whoever will buy them for a higher price.

The following month, Ryanair would probably go about their normal business of beating-up AerLingus on price again.  It is just a suspicion. Wink
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/March/2012 at 15:43
Well reading all this and people on here saying Ryanair were ok, I spent ten minutes at lunchtime comparing their costs for Birmingham Faro return against Monarch on the same dates, I picked one week in April, away from Easter, mid-week depart.
Monarch, like for like, no hold baggage, no pre booked seat, just the basics, were cheaper than Ryanair.
Add pre-booked seats, a hold bag and Monarch were considerably cheaper.
Shh.. perhaps I shouldn't be telling them this! LOL!
At least I satisfied my curiosity!
Andrew
Super__Ally View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Super__Ally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/March/2012 at 16:01
If I was going shopping for a new telly I would compare prices and what I was getting for my buck before I actually purchased the TV.
Buying a flight to FARO is no different. I compare flight dates and prices before i buy. I would have no problem flying with Monarch, Ryanair, Jet2, Easyjet or BA as they are all much the same anyway.
I agree with Tonisdad I just want to get there as quick as possible and for as little money as possible.

Ally
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/March/2012 at 16:07
I'll second that.
Of course, having done that comparison and found what I found, it's not to say on another date I'd find the reverse.  Prices fluctuate all the time depending on how well the flight is selling, or not, so it's always worth doing a trawl to see what's on offer at what price.
Andrew
tiganut View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiganut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/March/2012 at 09:25
A couple of years ago it was possible to get flights that were cheap enough to come over for a long weekend,now it is costing me £250+ to fly over midweek,& return at the weekend.I know fuel prices are through the roof,but I can get a weeks package for that.
He Who Dies With The Most Toys Wins
john2604smith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john2604smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/March/2012 at 10:07
I have just returned from a long weekend Thursday to Monday, Jet 2 out £50 Ryanair back £30, including fees and taxes. An added bonus was the car hire at 30 euro for the five days !    Thumbs Up 
ownersdirect P3708
J2me View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J2me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/March/2012 at 12:45
Brilliant rates John. Was the car from ECH or did you manage to do something special?
S1gh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S1gh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/March/2012 at 13:29
Me and the boss lady are flying out tomorrow tea time with Ryanair for a week. Return ticket with a suitcase each from Leeds Bradford £100 each. Im happy with the price.
Transfer €60 hotel £80 for two. Can't go wrong :-)
john2604smith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john2604smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/March/2012 at 13:39
Hi John, I used Economy Car Rentals and have done for years. I have been happy with them, pick up car with full tank of fuel and return with full tank of fuel, simples  Smile
ownersdirect P3708
floozie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote floozie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/March/2012 at 17:23
Hi S1gh, what did you stay for such a cheap rate as we are hoping to get over in two weeks time
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 83>
  Share Topic