Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Algarve
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Flight Watch

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7374757677 83>
Author
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyrman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/July/2020 at 11:43
Got that wrong .. Copenhagen flight is Saturday morning ..  
Pyrman
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/July/2020 at 12:46
So it's safe now for almost everyone to come here, except the British.

Wonderful.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
Luis View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/July/2020 at 13:12
There is also a flight from Oslo coming in this weekend and reports that Portugal is to be excluded from the Republic of Ireland air bridges
Jock View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/July/2020 at 14:23
There was a plan some years ago to introduce Norwegian beaver into Scotland some years ago.  Imagine my disappointment when I learned they were semiaquatic rodents.
It is no coincidence that in no known language does the phrase 'As pretty as an Airport' appear. Douglas Adams
Develd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Develd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/July/2020 at 15:55
Don't think there is any hope of Portugal been included on Ireland's green list.
JuliejH View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JuliejH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/July/2020 at 21:04
Not quite flight watch, but does anyone know if anything is open in the airport once you’re through baggage checks, ? thanks in advance
ajmandon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ajmandon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/July/2020 at 07:12
When I flew from Faro to UK early on the 7th:

- All the shops on the landside were closed, if I remember correctly the "coffee shop" was open
- Airside (after security), the only shops open were the duty free and two of the "coffee shops".... the other shops/food outlets were closed.

Normally at this time most would have already been open or show signs of preparing to open. 
S1gh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S1gh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/July/2020 at 15:43
Could have had return flights next week for £35!
If only I knew when my furlough was finishing 😤
Big Col View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Col Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/August/2020 at 09:43
Interesting article of a low (ish) level A380 flight earlier this week.

"Hi Fly caused panic and joy as it flew over holidaymakers enjoying the beach. The Portuguese charter airline said the performance was planned and intended to raise awareness of marine conservation issues as well as give planespotters a treat. The A380, registered as 9H-MIP, flew just 230 meters above the Algarve coastline in a stunt that impressed many keen aviation enthusiasts. The airline’s vice president Carlos Mirpuri reportedly piloted the aircraft in a planned event.

9H-MIP was completing a functional flight check, which lasted just under an hour. It left Beja International Airport at 14:44 local time (UTC+1) and flew over Faro and Vilamoura. Before it left from Beja Airport, it had published an alert on its Twitter account urging lucky enthusiasts to look out for the aircraft as it passed over the Algarve."

Anyone witness it?

[IMG][/IMG]

https://youtu.be/c4DR_JgxFSE
Colin
sidsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sidsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/August/2020 at 17:11
Hi Big Col, wish I could find the video I watched on Facebook - it was like a scene from Jaws! People running out of the sea because they thought the plane was in difficulty and was going to ditch in the sea 😲
Big Col View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Col Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/August/2020 at 19:11
Try these two video clips 🎥

A380

A380 (2)
Colin
Jayjan View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jayjan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/August/2020 at 21:15
Great video clips Big Col. The second one was shown on facebook. mmmmm was rather noisy being so low. They're noisy enough  when coming over us especially when cloud is low and  approaching to land in Manchester and they are approx 2000ft up then.  
Apparently some of the aviation spotters and experts  at Manchester airport where the video was shown on their facebook page   said there is a legal  limit on how low they can fly for safety unless coming into land and that this  plane was below the legal specification. How true that is I do not know.
Polli the dancing cat strikes again.
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/August/2020 at 07:54

They announced the flight via Twitter. Perhaps one day someone will realise that not everyone sits glued to Twitter every day.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
Big Col View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Col Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/August/2020 at 08:45
I doubt the flight would have been illegal as it would have been under Faro air traffic control. Its also noticeable the it was over the sea not the beaches. Close enough to get everyone's attention though.

As a publicity stunt however I think it has been fairly successful. ✈
Colin
Jock View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/August/2020 at 11:10
Wish I had seen it.
It is no coincidence that in no known language does the phrase 'As pretty as an Airport' appear. Douglas Adams
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7374757677 83>
  Share Topic