Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Algarve
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Flight Watch

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6061626364 83>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spyderpig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/November/2018 at 16:30
Ryan Air so your bag is more expensive than your seat. No problem for me as I have my boat in the Marina so only need to carry my Laptop and a few bits an pieces in my backback.
Spyderpig View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spyderpig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/November/2018 at 16:40
I just checked again and you can get the same flights through Opodo for £8.02

Super__Ally View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Super__Ally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/December/2018 at 11:58
I am trying to book flights for early January or February. Not Easy. At one time I would not hear a bad word against Ryanair but I have recently changed my views on them. I honestly believe they despise their customers. 
Ally
Wireman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wireman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/December/2018 at 12:22
Originally posted by Super__Ally Super__Ally wrote:

At one time I would not hear a bad word against Ryanair but I have recently changed my views on them. I honestly believe they despise their customers. 

Ally, almost my exact words in a conversation at work earlier.
Regular Visitor
tonisdad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonisdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/December/2018 at 21:25
Originally posted by Wireman Wireman wrote:

Originally posted by Super__Ally Super__Ally wrote:

At one time I would not hear a bad word against Ryanair but I have recently changed my views on them. I honestly believe they despise their customers. 

Ally, almost my exact words in a conversation at work earlier.

Yup I was another who defended Ryanair to the hilt but having to pay £30 on top of the fare to add Granddaughter to a booking was about the final straw. I now look at other carriers to see if prices are anywhere near after everything has been taken into account.
Add to that all my details are stored in their system so I just click through when I book went to print tickets wife`s surname was mine not hers...she kept maiden name when we married.
Telephoned told it was £115 to change not a typo..not £15...£115. Then was told by somebody it was free if you produced a recent marriage certificate with names on it.......Good job the Daughter is s**t hot with photoshop LOL.

I mean if the only reason not to be able to drop hand luggage at the aeroplane steps was because it was causing delays why then charge to drop it at check in?

pyrman View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyrman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/December/2018 at 09:22
Ryanair charge 20 euro for a 20k hold bag (you can have three at that price) ... so it should be 10 euro for a 10k cabin bag whether in cabin or in hold ... they don`t always charge that much at booking. I have return flights to Faro end Feb .. £60 total ... of which 6 for a seat each way ... 6 for two cabin bags and priority each way... would have been 8 to drop 10k bag at check-in ..  This all seems quite sensible ... and now that they have set better standards, they could easily get rid of `priority` ... and board middle seats first for a much faster experience than the current boarding `chaos`, particularly at Faro .. but that may be too sensible ..
Pyrman
tonisdad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonisdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/December/2018 at 16:36
Originally posted by pyrman pyrman wrote:

Ryanair charge 20 euro for a 20k hold bag (you can have three at that price) ... so it should be 10 euro for a 10k cabin bag whether in cabin or in hold ... 

That is beside the point the cabin bag was included in the price. Then Paddy O`Leary decided unless you paid priority you would have to leave bag at the bottom of steps.....He then said that was causing delays so bag would have to be left at check in but not for free...it was going to cost.

pyrman View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyrman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/December/2018 at 09:46
No ... that is the point exactly ... far too many cabin bags on planes ... slowing up boarding. On my last flight (Nov) from Faro, we were at the gate 1 hour before time .. and left 20 mins late ... it was simply boarding chaos and `priority` customers (me) at the front steps got on the plane last .. `Paddy` O`Leary is an inappropriate remark which I hope you will not repeat ... his name is Michael. This is Europe`s largest carrier you are talking about ... must be doing something right !  Still ... I don`t write to praise `caesar` ... there are plenty of things can be improved, even at low pricing.

Here is the Easyjet policy ... which is very similar ... only 70 bags in the cabin ... they charge to drop cabin bags at check-in ... they charge more for larger bags in the hold.
http://www.easyjet.com/en/help/baggage/cabin-bag-and-hold-luggage
Pyrman
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/December/2018 at 13:51
Always fly Easyjet and on 100+ flights only ever had my cabin bag taken off me once.
I do sometimes take advantage of the Hands Free option if I want to take something that is not allowed in the cabin but that only costs a fiver so it's no big deal. And you can pay it one way only.

I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
port princess View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote port princess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/December/2018 at 15:12
Yes we always fly Easyjet and tried to do hands free so we could relax in sky lounge but wouldn't take till gate opens then by the time you do that and security it's not worth while to go to the lounge which is a pity as would certainly use it more fore £6 especially if you have more liquids
Super__Ally View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Super__Ally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/December/2018 at 20:03
I have now booked my January flights. 
And I used Ryanair after all.   
Flying from Glasgow Prestwick the cost of a RETURN ticket is advertised at £11. 
Of course that is before you add on all the EXTRAS
So after adding on seats and 2 x 10kg cases the two return flights cost us £25 each 
£11 for flights and £39 in EXTRAS (which are not extras at all).
its still a bargain but WHY don't they JUST say your flights are £25 each?   
Confused

Ally
tonisdad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonisdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/December/2018 at 20:08
Originally posted by port princess port princess wrote:

Yes we always fly Easyjet and tried to do hands free so we could relax in sky lounge but wouldn't take till gate opens then by the time you do that and security it's not worth while to go to the lounge which is a pity as would certainly use it more fore £6 especially if you have more liquids
Hands free is free outbound if you have three telephone contract which is good for us liquid wise for stuff not available in Portugal.
ClaireKildare View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ClaireKildare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/December/2018 at 10:58
I have Ryanair Flights from Dublin in February return for 2 for €99.00, can't complain about that. I never bring luggage, we don't care if we sit together I can survive without hubby for 3 hours. Don't do Priority boarding as I prefer the shorter "ordinary" queue and would rather not spend 40 minutes sitting on the plane waiting for passengers to realise the overhead luggage bin is actually full, and their bag just won't fit then scramble up and down the aisle searching for a space somewhere else. Better to get on last, sit down and take off.
sidsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sidsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/December/2018 at 13:10
Flew Ryanair last month for the first time - it was a bargain, so thought we'd try it and if we didn't like it, we wouldn't do it again.....we won't be doing it again LOL
Not bothered about sitting together (shocked to see, when checking in online, that although there were available seats all around me, the system allocated a seat for Dave 25 rows behind me!!), and only had small cabin bag each that easily fitted under the seat in front.

But it was the chaos going on around us; the queues, the fight for cabin bag space, everyone swapping seats to sit together, and the filthy aircraft Sick

Well we tried it, but it's back to the civilised world of Easyjet for us. Never pay for checked baggage - put liquids in one wheelie cabin bag and approach the staff at self service check-in & politely ask if we can check-in the bag on a voluntary basis, because we know how limited space is onboard blah blah. They take us to a self service check-in desk and tap in a code to override the payment process. Seamless.

tonisdad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonisdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/December/2018 at 18:24
Originally posted by ClaireKildare ClaireKildare wrote:

Don't do Priority boarding as I prefer the shorter "ordinary" queue and would rather not spend 40 minutes sitting on the plane waiting for passengers to realise the overhead luggage bin is actually full,Better to get on last, sit down and take off.

It took me about 20 years to come to that conclusion Claire LOL.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6061626364 83>
  Share Topic