Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Algarve
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Flight Watch

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5960616263 83>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catucci Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/August/2018 at 15:01
Hi everyone.  I've just booked Ryanair flights July-Aug 2019 (through Skyscanner) for £189 each plus the usual bags costs.  Not bad eh?!
stuart123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stuart123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/September/2018 at 11:00
Have you seen the latest scam on Ryanair baggage costs?

Its now mandatory to purchase priority boarding if you want to take a bag with you - either in the cabin or hold - after Nov 1st
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/September/2018 at 18:09
The in flight drinks are very competitive though, it’s just the cost of hiring a glass to drink it from which makes it expensive!
Joking apart, we just, as part of a package, flew Tui, it was so civilised compared to the arrogance /aggression of flying Ryanair, we were treated like valued customers not cattle that they look for every opportunity to penalise and charge you more.
I acknowledge you know what you’re booking at what price but my tolerance level of Ryanair, at a cost I know, is fast running out.
Andrew
tonisdad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonisdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/September/2018 at 13:06
Originally posted by Andrew Andrew wrote:

I acknowledge you know what you’re booking at what price but my tolerance level of Ryanair, at a cost I know, is fast running out.

Have to agree Andrew I have always stuck up for Ryanair but they are beginning to have that affect on me.
They say this latest bag drop going on is nothing to do with money it is just to avoid delays.
OK it its not about money why not just say you will have to drop your hand luggage at check in free of charge.
We usually book flights well in advance for me and wife. Up until this year if we wanted to add Grandaughter to booking we could book her online as an adult no problem.
We now can`t do that we have to phone up and link her to the booking....guess what this costs £30 extra. I contacted Ryanair and said it would have actually been cheaper to book her with another adult and have the extra seat....Their response...Tough.
When I book now I always check Easyjet and Jet2 in fact going home in October and using Easyjet.
paulmc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulmc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/September/2018 at 19:57
Hi Big Col & Co...... could I ask... do easyjet release the flights immediately after midnight on those dates or are they released start of the working day, say 7am ish ? And if they are released just after midnight do the first prices hold for 12hrs or so or do they slowly increase almost straight away ?? Thanks in advance....
Big Col View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Col Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/September/2018 at 21:42
Originally posted by paulmc paulmc wrote:

Hi Big Col & Co...... could I ask... do easyjet release the flights immediately after midnight on those dates or are they released start of the working day, say 7am ish ? And if they are released just after midnight do the first prices hold for 12hrs or so or do they slowly increase almost straight away ?? Thanks in advance....

I believe flights are released in stages, possibly by routes, as I know the Faro route I'm interested in isn't always available very early when others are.

As for prices I understand seats are in price "brackets". Some at the lowest price then, when they are booked, the next price bracket applies then the next and so on. This encourages passengers to book early to get the cheapest seats. Therefore the first prices are not "held", it just depends on the popularity of each route.

Unless someone knows otherwise........
Colin
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/September/2018 at 05:18
In my experience, and I'm always up early, flights normally come on around 6am to 7am ish.
As I'm only interested in 2 routes (Southend and Luton to Faro) I don't know about others but those 2 usually come on at the same time.
Not sure about what happens with prices but the "bracket" suggestion seems logical.
I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
paulmc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulmc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/September/2018 at 12:45
Thanks guys.... big help & much appreciated
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/September/2018 at 06:43
Just booked Southend to Faro & return
Out on 27th April, back on 12th June
2 people, no extras
£107.20 total.
Happy as that is only £6 more than we paid for almost identical dates this year.
I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/September/2018 at 07:10
As a matter of interest only, because I don't want to come over in August, I have just looked at flight costs for mid August next year.
Not bad as I could have booked several flights on different days for £44 going out and £56 coming back.
Unlikely that those sort of prices will hang around for long though
Big Col View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Col Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/October/2018 at 12:27
Just testing DICEY's method and taking a liberty with the topic subject!

A squadron of paramotors taken at Gale beach recently. Missed the drone though.

Colin
Big Col View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Col Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/October/2018 at 12:52
Another date for your diaries folks.

The next batch of Easyjet flights (& holidays) will be released on
Thursday 15th November covering the period up to 27th October 2019.
Colin
Big Col View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Big Col Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/November/2018 at 11:03
The latest Easyjet sale starts tomorrow (8th) and a reminder of the next flight release date quoted above which is a week tomorrow. This covers flights up to 27th October 2019. ✈
Colin
Spyderpig View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spyderpig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/November/2018 at 13:42
Just booked for my December break. £4.99 each way from Birmingham to Faro a grand total of £4.98 2nd to 31st December
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/November/2018 at 16:14
Don’t think so, Easyjet aren’t in or out of Ber minge ham!
Ryanair, not that I want to give them any credit, do have loads of December flights, that route at £9.99, also coming back there are many at €9.99, putting the carrier aside, no one can say that isn’t a bargain! We can pay that much for a twenty minute train journey into B’ham, and the Pendelino to London? That can be ten times as much!
Andrew
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5960616263 83>
  Share Topic