Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Living in Albufeira / Viver em Albufeira » Sports Results & Opinions/Resultados Desportivos e Opiniões
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMORTAL FOOTBALL CLUB ALBUFEIRA

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4748495051 57>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/March/2022 at 11:03
The struggle continues!  Only a short report on account of my not taking my notebook. This was the pitch about 20 minute before kickoff.

The large puddle was attacked by one man with a broom, which made little difference. Large areas of the pitch were barely playable. Both teams basically booted the ball high and hard.

Neither side created anything like a clear chance until thirty minutes in, Imortal's Sando Cabral being denied by a one handed save. Imortal did win several corners in the final minutes of the first half and once hit a post but it remained 0-0 at half time. And the sun came out!

Lagos were better in the second half, which was played in light rain then heavier rain towards the end. Pereira, in the Imortal goal, had one good save to make and that was about it. With only three games remaining, a win next time out at Louletano is a must.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/April/2022 at 10:16
Wonders will never cease!

Yesterday at the Algarve Stadium- Louletano 0 - 1 Imortal, scorer Mario Duarte on 14 minutes. I was unable to go, owing to the lack of trains and buses on Sundays. The customary quiet game, seven bookings and a sending off (Imortal's Rodrigo Macedo) in thesixth minute of added time.

The ludicrous fixture list means that Imortal do not play again until 24th April.
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/April/2022 at 07:14
Yesterday - Lagos 2 - 1 Imortal

Imortal have 4 points from three games, one game remaining, next Sunday. Opponents will be Louletano, who have one point from two games and are bottom of the three team group. A win for Imortal would avoid relegation, a draw might not be enough depending on the result of the last game in the group, Louletano v Lagos on May 8th.
Albufeira Resident

Lofters View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lofters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/April/2022 at 15:01
Am I seeing a conundrum if a perfectly possible scenario plays out?

If Imortal and Louletano play a draw. And Louletano then beat Lagos. All three teams will have 5 points.

In the head to heads, Imortal would then have it over Louletano, Louletano have it over Lagos and Lagos have it over Imortal.

Confused
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/April/2022 at 07:56
That scenario will take some sorting out for sure. I cannot recall what the next tie break factor is but I think it may be goal difference overall, then goals scored. I will see if I can find out among the rules.
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/April/2022 at 14:25
Found it.Some is in very convoluted language but I think I am right. If two teams are level on points the sequence goes like this :

1. Most points gained in the two games between the teams;
2. Goal difference in the the two games between the two teams if they wono ne each;
3. Goal difference across the season or phase;
4. Most wins;
5. Most goals scored;
6. A playoff on a neutral groiund

which then of course goes on about extra time, penalties etc etc.<
Albufeira Resident

Lofters View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lofters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/April/2022 at 18:13
Clap thanks Tom ..... will see how it shakes out.
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/April/2022 at 07:54
I shall be there on Sunday afternoon, fingers firmly crossed.
Albufeira Resident

Lofters View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lofters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/May/2022 at 19:08
Previous headscratching all in vain. One happy Cubsur.

Imortal 2-1 Louletano.

This relegates Louletano, who may be peed off as in the regular season they were remarkably just one point short of promotion! May be interesting next season to see where they will play their games...... in recent times the Estadio Algarve has been used ....... but in the local Algarve League?
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/May/2022 at 12:06
IMORTAL 2 - 1 LOULETANO

Imortal safe from relegation at the last gasp! Great were the celebrations, you would think we had won the League!

It was desperate stuff at times. Imortal will have to make some serious improvements if this end of season drama is to avoided next time. There were far too may mis-placed passes, possession was far too easily lost on many occasions. It may have been nerves or it may have been that some players were rusty, lacking match practice having played only once in the previous four weeks owing to the ridiculous fixture list.

It was a warm sunny day, but windy, straight down the pitch. There was a good crowd, probably around 300 with many of the club's junior players filling the seats.

Imortal took the field in fetching silver grey kit.

I also spotted that there were some big new advertising panels around the ground A good sign I hope of new sponsorship.

Louletano had the wind at their backs in the first half. They made good use of it, sending long passes down the middle. A horrible mistake  by Flavio Manuel, trying to deal with a bouncing ball, almost gave the visitors an early lead but good covering by Rodrigues held off the attacker. But a goal for Louletano was not long coming. On 11 minutes a free kick was floated in from the left on the wind to the far post, there was no challenge giving Bamba an easy header.

Imortal's reserve ´keeper Tomas Ferreira had already made a good save and was again called into action mid way through the half, with a good low stop from a long range effort. Louletano were on top, it wasn't until almost the half hour that Imortal managed their first shot.

Then shortly before half time the visitors centre back Silva received his second yellow card. After the customary on field debate he was sent off. An injury to Manuel saw his replacement by Williams Fadini. Both sides had to re-organise and went into half time with a lot of thinking to do.

Although Imortal played with the wind in the second half, there was nothing to show for it for a long time. Louletano had the two best efforts, one just over the bar and the other a free kick parried by Ferreira, but only into the path of a forward who missed his header from two metres then was probably relieved to see he had been flagged offside.

Two more subs by Imortal just after the hour mark to try to change the game. Reward soon came. After series of scuffles and two more bookings, Imortal finally got the ball into the penalty area. A classic goalmouth scramble, defenders all over the place, ended with Sandro Cabral toe poking the ball over the line for the equaliser.

The second was seven minutes later. A good attacking move was finished by Cabral's shot hitting a post, goalkeeper stranded and Ailton Tavares smashed in the loose ball from the edge of the goal area. Celebrations galore!

But there were still eleven minutes of normal time remaining. Imortal tried to play for time, keeping the ball in the corner. That didn't work. I saw one of the ball boys being given instructions from the subs bench, no doubt in that regard!  Louletano threw caution to the wind, literally, and piled everything up front sending in long balls trying for a penalty or dangerous free kick. All hands to the defensive pumps for Imortal and no silly mistakes please. Ferreira made another brave save, injuring himself in the process, from a point blank header as the game moved into four minutes added time. One of the Louletano coaching staff was red carded for expressing his views on that matter. One last header from Louletano went wide, the final whistle went and the crowd roared.

MATCH STATISTICS

Free kicks conceded : Imortal 16, Louletano 22
Offside : Imortal 1, Louletano 3
Shots on targert : Imortal 6, Louletano 6
Shots off target : Imortal 2, Louletano 8
Shots blocked : Imortal 1, Louletano 2
Corners : Imortal 6, Louletano 3
Yellow cards : Imortal 4, Louletano 4
Red cards : Louletano 1  (2 of the yellows)
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/August/2022 at 19:13
I think I have now decoded Imortal's fixtures correctly - all listed at http://www.algarvebus.info/imortal.htm

I will double check everything once the fixtures are in the official websites in a readable format!

A good early season game will be the local derby at Ferreiras on 9th October.
Albufeira Resident

011manager View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 011manager Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/August/2022 at 21:20
Good evening...... would anyone know if Imortal have a youth U13s football team?  If they have, would anyone know the best way to get in touch with them?  Many thanks :)
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/August/2022 at 10:08
Imortal have youth teams at all ages. They have a Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/pg/imortalfans/ where you can ask or you can go to the stadium pretty well any weekday evening from 6pm when there will be training. I also spot that there will be a weekend training 'camp' for those borm in 2009 over the 26 / 27 August

While I am here, the first team will be playing a pre season game on Saturday 27th August at the unearthly hour of 10.00am vs Os 11 Esperanças.
Albufeira Resident

Gazza View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/August/2022 at 11:49
Watched a good game on Sunday,  NUFC 3-3 Man. City. Both teams going toe to toe. Pity Newcastle couldn't hang on for a deserved win but City are a class team. Smile 
Take only memories, leave only footprints
Algarveaddick View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Algarveaddick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/September/2022 at 07:55
According to their Facebook page, Imortal won 4-0 against Quarteirense in a pre-season friendly yesterday. Scorers Fabio, Sandro and MArocas (2). 
Go away Duchatalet
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4748495051 57>
  Share Topic