Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Living in Albufeira / Viver em Albufeira » Sports Results & Opinions/Resultados Desportivos e Opiniões
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMORTAL FOOTBALL CLUB ALBUFEIRA

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 57>
Author
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/October/2011 at 21:23
Oh dear, this isn't boding well for Imortal.

On a slightly different tack, my neighbour, in Portugal, tells me his son is the goalkeeper for Guia, so presumably that's him in the pic.
Andrew
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/October/2011 at 11:19
Guess he is. I didn't catch his name in the announcements but he wearing number 1 and he might be known as César. I will sort out the rest of the pictures tonight.

No it doesn't bode well for Imortal as we are now next to bottom after yesterday's games.

League table; surprise package at the top!

Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/October/2011 at 15:54
The main stand at Guia FC, Saturday. More pictures from the match - see below

Albufeira Resident

el birnn View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote el birnn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/October/2011 at 09:27
øv the link is dead tom....repost plz   wanna see some pics plz
Nunc bibendum est
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/October/2011 at 11:30
Albufeira Resident

el birnn View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote el birnn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/October/2011 at 08:46
great pics tom...looks like the ref was a head taller than the rest of the players ...lol
Nunc bibendum est
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/October/2011 at 09:07
He was certainly taller than our lot. Seems we have a policy of only using shoirt people this season.

Off to Portimonense this afternoon. Let's hope it's a good game for my 10 Euros.

I shall report accordingly tomorrow.
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/October/2011 at 11:24
Imortal 2 - 2 Moncarapachense. A good result in the end considering Imortal had a player very harshly sent off with 30 minutes remaining. Blatant cheating and time-wasting (by both sides it has to be said) resulted in six minutes of added time which eventually became eight. Imortal were 2-1 up going into stoppage time but couldn't quite hang on. The visitors equalised and there wasn't even time to kick off again afterwards.

Imortal took an early lead from a penalty, converted by number 6 Sandro, conceded the first equaliser when the goalie fluffed an easy take and took the lead again when the  Moncarapchense 'keeper made an even sillier error, dropping the ball at the feet of Nuno  Mendes.

That result leaves Imortal second to bottom with 3 points from five matches played.

At least I won second prize in the raffle.

Earlier, as the first part of a double-header, the Juniores 'C' lost 1-2 to a very useful looking side from Évora.

I will do a round up of the various age group teams standings later this week.
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/November/2011 at 19:02
Today's result :

Faro e Benfica 0-0 Imortal

Added to Saturday's home 2-2 draw with Moncarapachense that's four draws and two defeats in the first six games.

A poor game on a tiny synthetic pitch in possibly the most insalubrious area of Faro. Glad to get away.

I don't have all today's other results but I think Imortal remain second to bottom, among half a dozen teams who are not doing very well.
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/November/2011 at 09:21
The Horta da Areia ground in Faro is well up on my list of places not to watch football! It is surrounded by a smelly salt marsh, an untidy gypsy camp, a disused chemical works and a council dustcart depot.

Not much happened in yesterday's game although we did make the home goalkeeper pull off one reasonable save towards the end. Both sides missed an easy chance after that. There's one result still missing from yesterday but Imortal will either  be in 14th or 15th place (of 16) after five matches.

The same goalie had to go on a bit of a run to thwart another opportunity

Albufeira Resident

CAPTAIN-PARMO View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CAPTAIN-PARMO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/November/2011 at 12:06
Tom
you just decribed The Riverside Stadium!!!

a great philosopher once said...
"Naughty.........naughty!!
very naughty!!!!"
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/November/2011 at 13:18
Here's the Horta da Areia for comparison

And across the road. The building in the background is the old city of Faro and was one a brewery, sob, sob

Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/November/2011 at 13:48
A quick run down of how the Imortal junior teams are doing. These are the teams in the national leagues

Juniores A (U-19) Serie D 10th of 12 teams, 6 points from 8 games
Juniores B (U-17) Serie D Top of the League! 25 points from 10 games
Juniores C (U-15) Serie F 3rd of 12 teams 20 points from 10 games

The District Leagues are under way but information is very hard to find.

The Algarve Sport website (www.algarvedesporto.pt) is no longer listing any current football or futsal fixtrure or league table information. So far as I can tell, the Imortal age group teams are sufficiently exalted that they play only at National level. There is hope yet!
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/November/2011 at 11:23
Big game tomorrow, at home to Os Armacenses (Armação de Pera) who are top of the league having won all their 6 games.

Ko 3pm at the stadium. Man Utd v Sunderland on TV at the same time? Boring. We all know what the result will be. If a miracle happens in Albufeira I must be there to see it.
Albufeira Resident

Super__Ally View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Super__Ally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/November/2011 at 11:35

I wish I was going too

Ally
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 57>
  Share Topic