Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Photo sharing / Partilha de fotos
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

MARINA PHASE 2 CONSTRUCTION

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/October/2021 at 17:07
Excellent work, thanks. Great that you were able to get inside the park area. It has always been behind locked gates for me. It does not look like the plans from all those years ago. Now for something to be built!
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
Deegall View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deegall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/October/2021 at 12:01
Looks great the new park any idea of opening
Bunnyrunner View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bunnyrunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/November/2021 at 08:19
The plot being developed by RCM & Filhos, which is fenced off at the far end near to the road to the fish restaurant has had a static crane elected last week.  It looks the same one that was used in the Finisterra developement. No signs of it being put to good use yet though.
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/December/2021 at 18:18
A crane is still on one of the plots but I saw little evidence of any actual work taking place. The area is still very bleak and windswept.

Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/January/2022 at 15:12
There were a couple of blokes pottering about on the building site where the crane sits. Not exactly a hive of activity! The rest of the area is still basically a wasteland.

Shame about the play area. All finished but fenced off and possibly will never be used.

Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/March/2022 at 18:04
Some pictures taken on Monday 7th. Some progress can be seen on the small building plot. I wonder how the estate agents will describe it? "Surrounded by a rubble strewn wasteland and close to a massive area of grey paving that serves no apparent purpose, this concrete block of no charm...

Between the main road and the Orada apartments, several very des. res. are under construction.

The playground and the park remain locked and out of bounds.

Albufeira Resident

Orada-man View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orada-man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/March/2022 at 19:10
Tom, that massive grey area is a combination of a sports play area, see the floodlights, and the long known água espelhada which is a downgrade from the lake, look for the area of drains and water fountain jets.

Orada Girl and I walked the area today, it's nice to see building of residences underway and I believe it will become a nice area to compliment west Albufeira, it was also nice to see the park gardens are being maintained.
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/March/2022 at 08:36
When it rains the grey area certainly becomes a shallow pond, much to the liking of the local birdlife. I have never seen the fountains working. The water feature over the wall was tested then turned off.

It will take years for this development to take off. I wonder if anyone will buy those first apartments knowing they will be surrounded by a building site. But, yes, once completed it should bring some life to the area even if only used for holiday homes.
Albufeira Resident

Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bunnyrunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/March/2022 at 10:39
The day we had the Volta Argarve in the Marina, we had the rare treat of seeing the fountains working. The cascading wall feature is a more frequent treat, it was working on Monday this week when we walked by. People have told us they are on every night.
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/March/2022 at 09:13
I must keep an eye out. I can see most of the area from my window.
Albufeira Resident

Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bunnyrunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/April/2022 at 10:05
I was walking round there this week and of course we've had a lot of rain, haven't we... and so parts of it have now subsided. The worst is at what we call the ski jump steps, these are the steps built without any real need. The land was previously flat but they built up the area and made these steps. The previously existing flat track is still there beside them and is the route we still use. The other things that make these a complete folly is the fact that they are adjacent to some villa plots, so you can imagine the scene with some local oiks hanging over the wall staring down at the occupants while they try to work on their all over tanBig smile.
Then there are two sections in the grey Espelho de água water feature, one to the left and one to the right that have subsided. So before they are even put to any use these will need repairing.

There was a couple of guys from the Camara tending to the unused and locked park. I didn't envy their jobs, one was mowing that vast exspanse of grassland with a regular domestic push along petrol lawnmower and the other was hand weeding around the trees planted in their own little square paved sections.

The whole area is a perfect example of madness in the town planning department.
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/April/2022 at 08:12
Thanks. I shall go down tomorrow and take some pictures.
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/April/2022 at 11:56
Distinct subsidence on the steps. When I walked near the egde, my foot sunk about an inch. There are large cracks, also some big holes. Someone did not do their homework!

Elsewhere, there are signs of the ground sinking, partocularly near many of the drains in that huge, unattractive area of slabs. Some parts are becoming very uneven in general.

Weeds are taking over.

But the wildflowers look nice!

Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/April/2022 at 12:00
Another mansion about to take shape.

Some more land is being cleared next to that solitary construction picrued earlier this month.

Albufeira Resident

JuliejH View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JuliejH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/April/2022 at 14:47
That’s shockingly bad workmanship !! What a a shame 😔
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516>
  Share Topic