Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Living in Albufeira / Viver em Albufeira » Algarve Foreign Residents / Residentes Estrangeiros
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Oceanville

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 20>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/November/2018 at 09:30
The continuing mystery of why that one property is having its hedges trimmed while everywhere else is now a jungle. Pictures taken yesterday.

Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
Dutchie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dutchie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/January/2019 at 21:55
Hi,

I just saw a video of Urban Explorers visiting Oceanville and after that I found this topic.
It's in Dutch and from a vlog so they try to make it exciting. 3rd video mainly in the dark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkJa1wiu66o
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68u0MfKTeyY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xb07AzGcisQ
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/January/2019 at 10:17
For any future explorers be aware that there is still a security presence. I saw a guard coming out of one of the buildings a few days ago.

Albufeira Resident

JonC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JonC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/March/2019 at 12:16
Some news here .... (needs translation though)

https://www.turisver.com/discovery-hotel-management-com-varios-projectos-em-pipeline/
JonC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/March/2019 at 12:30
The part that interests us .....

DHM - Discovery Hotel Management has several projects underway that will start operating in 2019, in addition to the many renovations planned for next year. Most projects, however, have no set date but should see the light of day between 2020 and 2021.

Among the projects that will open after 2019 are the two largest assets of DHM, Ocean Ville in Albufeira and Sesimbra Bay in Sesimbra. None of the two units represents a new asset in DHM since, according to Francisco Moser, Managing Director of DHM in a press conference, this Thursday, "the two hotels are in the Fund from the beginning, that is, from 2013" , what will happen now is the development of projects.

The Ocean Ville in Albufeira is a development that includes apartments, two blocks of villas and a hotel that together comprise 300 accommodation units, and the hotel has 96 rooms. It is a megaproject, as Francisco Moser, Managing Director of DHM said, adding that "we now have the master plan very advanced and we are in talks with an international brand to eventually make a contract or franchise or management ". What is decided is that "we will have an international brand there".

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/March/2019 at 08:18
Heard that before. Time will tell.
Albufeira Resident

steven.vanessa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steven.vanessa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/March/2019 at 22:32
Fingers crossed
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/February/2020 at 15:35
Nearly a year since I last wandered around. Some pictures taken earlier today, 6th February. The general rot continues. Some access roads are now almost totally overgrown. Vandals have been breaking windows. There is still the mystery of the one property with the hedges being trimmed, in stark contrast to the dense undergrowth that is gradually taking over the rest of the site.

Albufeira Resident

animallover View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote animallover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/February/2020 at 14:07
How did this happen, it is absolutely criminal? I thought I was hard done by when I didn't receive a furniture package several years ago! I hope buyers get their property or money back. It's in a beautiful location to boot.
port princess View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote port princess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/February/2020 at 18:53
I sincerely hope all the people get their money back it’s ridiculous after all this time my heart goes out to them all .
Portprincess
Darbyfamily View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Darbyfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/February/2020 at 10:09
Where to start 😐We visited the camera council yesterday who told us that golden summer ville were now the registered owners now since 2017. They are based in Lisbon and appear to be a holiday home business. We visited the court who advised that our apartment was not in our name and although Suzana Dasilva had told us she had been to court on our behalf we had no real evidence only her emails. We have tried calling her so many times but she does not answer her phone, we have been numerous times to her home for answers but she must be away as it is locked up. The court advised us to get another solicitor, complain to the ombudsman   - We have contacted the insolvency administrator for answers 00351 244 801 349. Everyone should call. They will tell you if you are in the creditors list- please do this. We are the first name on the list and they will tell you how much you will get back.

daniela.sousa@causaefeito.pt

This email address is for you to write to - she is the lawyer for the insolvency administrative and is very helpful
good luck 😉
Jocelyn View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jocelyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/February/2020 at 14:07
Thank you @Darbyfamily for your post and update. I have contacted the email address that you gave us and have the list of creditors now. We are number 11 on the list. Trying to find out what % of payment we will receive back....

Richardk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richardk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/February/2020 at 16:25
I wish you all well - fingers crossed for an acceptable result and hope (but doubt) those responsible for this mess will be penalised - developers/ estate agents/ solicitors etc. 
port princess View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote port princess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/February/2020 at 18:55
I second that Richard feel so sorry for all the people and hope something gets sorted asap .
Portprincess
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/April/2020 at 16:14
Another few weeks on and a bit more undergrowth. Pictures taken this morning during my permitted exercise period. Click thumbnail to see the big picture.

The views they would have paid for. Third and fourth pictures are the new block next to ALDI. I don't know if anyone has occupied anything there.

Well maybe not this view!

Albufeira Resident

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 20>
  Share Topic