Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Beaches / As Praias
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SALGADOS DUNES AND LAGOON

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5,00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/November/2015 at 16:30
Plenty of birds there were and a lot of frogs as well.

Just a few pictures, self explanatory to those who know the area.

http://1drv.ms/1Puu7eE
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
lucyr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/November/2015 at 17:05
Thanks for the great photos, just been for a walk along Pretwick beach battling the stormy grey skies and gales, so such a pleasure coming home to see the beautiful blue skies of Albufeira.
my beautiful portugal
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/May/2016 at 17:48
Despite the recent heavy rain, the middle third of the Salgados lagoon is almost empty. I suspect that the accumulated water has at some point breached the sand bar. It is filling up again. more pictures shortly.

Albufeira Resident

lucyr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/May/2016 at 18:15
Thanks, love the photos.
my beautiful portugal
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/May/2016 at 19:09
Here are the rest. Sorry the order is not logical here and there. I am having trouble with One Drive not letting me re-arrange them.

Albufeira Resident

Algarveaddick View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Algarveaddick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/May/2016 at 07:16
We went for a walk on the boardwalk across the dunes in front of the hotels opposite the lagoon yesterday, at one point I thought that I had got a cobweb caught up in my hair (what there is of it). Suddenly I realised it was a swarm of tiny flies. As I swatted them off and broke into a trot, the little blighters started to follow me! Karen was doubled up with laughter - she said I looked like Pig-pen... She's full of sympathy, that one.      
Go away Duchatalet
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/May/2016 at 12:28
Yes I rode through a swarm of flies not far from there. Probably swallowed one or two.
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/November/2016 at 18:35
Ages since I've been down there so took the bike out this afternoon. The lagoon is quite full and I saw lots of big fish obviously now trapped in there. I will bet the bigger birds are fairly happy! More later when I have sorted them out.

Albufeira Resident

simpson View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simpson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/November/2016 at 21:12
it looks beautiful now nice picture
Big Col View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Col Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/November/2016 at 09:23
I've never walked around the lagoon, just visited the bridge near the beach to see the turtles. However we are staying near there next June so I intend to explore a bit.
Colin
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/November/2016 at 10:29
Where are you stopping Col? (PM me if you prefer). There are some great eateries in that neck of the woods, I'll happily recommend or do you a list if of interest?
Andrew
Big Col View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Col Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/November/2016 at 13:25
Andrew, PM sent.
Colin
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/November/2016 at 19:43
Cheers, received and responded!
Andrew
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/November/2016 at 11:48
Here are the rest of the pictures. not yet captioned but pretty self-explanatory for those who know the area.

There's a few taken at the marina on my way back at the end.
Albufeira Resident

lucyr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/November/2016 at 08:26
Fantastic photos, thanks.
my beautiful portugal
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011>
  Share Topic