Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Living in Albufeira / Viver em Albufeira » The Good and the Bad / O Bom e o Mau
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Green tiled building is for sale

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 21>
Author
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/April/2020 at 08:54
Well, it’s working for me now. Yesterday it just opened on my current location!
Andrew
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/April/2020 at 17:19
Now then. How many have seen this image, which includes a good view of the green tiled building, before?
Not many I’d wager, enjoy.

Andrew
A9NDY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A9NDY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/April/2020 at 17:42
Wow that’s an oldie
Big Col View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Col Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/April/2020 at 20:43
How old were you when you took that Andrew?
Colin
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/April/2020 at 08:08
That's going to be a hard one to do a then and now comparison, but when it stops raining I will have a look.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/April/2020 at 08:47
Originally posted by Big Col Big Col wrote:

How old were you when you took that Andrew?

I was quite young Col, I would have been older but I’d been bad for a couple of years! 
😂😂😂

Good luck Tom, I look forward to seeing the fruits of your labour 👍🤞👍
Andrew
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/April/2020 at 15:32
Best I can do for the time being. I don't usually have to consult tide tables before taking a picture. The most obvious change is the Rocamar Hotel. Also, the cliffs have fallen along that path and in the corner where the lift now stands. I suspect also that the path was a little bit wider all those years ago. Click a picture to see it larger size.

Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
A9NDY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A9NDY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/April/2020 at 15:37
Good effort well done.... although years apart not a great deal has changed , other than Rocamar
Alamo68 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alamo68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/April/2020 at 17:11
Well done Tom. 

Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/April/2020 at 22:53
Tom,
All this photo effort, anyone would think the pubs are closed! 😂😂😂

Actually I remember when you could smoke in a pub, these days you can’t even drink in them! 😂😂😂
Andrew
bob d View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/April/2020 at 20:08
point of information 

The building directly behind is not part of the green tiled building. The plot goes off in a dog leg sort of shape, over to left when looking at the aerial pictures. 

The asking price last year was €1,400,000
we're not brazil we're norn iron
A9NDY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A9NDY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/April/2020 at 20:49
The rightmove listing stated that front and back buildings were included in the sale and had photos of both and a basic floorplan of both the back building is a 3 bed ..... so im going off what i have read
Jayjan View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jayjan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/April/2020 at 23:27
bob d, I cant even see them  selling it at this price even though its  in a prime position and the state of the place as it is now and it  will get worse and worse  till it more or less falls down. Just my view. Pure  greed in my eyes, how sad.
BTW does anyone know who it  originally belonged to?
Polli the dancing cat strikes again.
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/April/2020 at 09:11
When I saw it advertised a few years back it was a million, for two buildings, this one and the better condition one at the rear. All very confusing.
Andrew
bob d View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/April/2020 at 12:51
There is a building at the rear which is part of the plot, but it is my understanding that it’s not the one directly behind, its slightly over. It is possibly the one with the same type of barriers that are erected at the front, in Cubsurs photos. 
we're not brazil we're norn iron
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 21>
  Share Topic