Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Living in Albufeira / Viver em Albufeira » Sports Results & Opinions/Resultados Desportivos e Opiniões
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Euro 2020

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deegall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/June/2021 at 10:20
How good was yesterday's football 2 cracking games.
Citroen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citroen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/June/2021 at 16:19
England have the better players, but haven't as yet played as a team, if they don't put that right this evening I think Germany will take the spoils. 
Gazza View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/June/2021 at 21:19
It's taken 55 years but England triumph over Germany!  Smile
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/June/2021 at 08:13
We were suitably enthused at the end of the game.

Now to find somewhere to watch Saturday's game as a group as all the bars in Albufeira msut close at 3.30pm. Furtively slipping over the border into Silves borough area seems possible.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
pyrman View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyrman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/June/2021 at 08:47
Congratulations Tom ... et tout les anglais ... bon chance.
Pyrman
Deegall View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deegall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/June/2021 at 09:19
Only thing to stop England getting to final is complacency after beating Germany. In a strange way they need to partially forget about it regroup refocus on next match. Every game is sudden death knockout. On paper an easier route to final but this championship thrown the paper in the bin with some upsets
jonbem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonbem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/June/2021 at 10:27
All this about "it's been 55 years" well yes in the knockout stages, but we have beaten them in group stages.
Citroen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citroen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/June/2021 at 14:36
Great result for England, in with a good shout for a place in the semi finals now and as good a chance as anyone from there to go all the way.

I'd like to see Harry win something, his form over the last few years deserves some reward. 
Gazza View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/June/2021 at 17:20
All this about "it's been 55 years" well yes in the knockout stages, but we have beaten them in group stages.

Their last competitive win over the Germans came in 2001 when Michael Owen scored a hat-trick in a 5-1 thrashing in World Cup qualifying. England have won only two of the two nations' seven World Cup or World Cup qualifier meetings, and only one of their four European Championship showdowns

Not exactly a good record.
Citroen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citroen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/July/2021 at 12:52
Italy still seem the team to beat.

They won't have it easy against Spain, particularly without their outstanding left back, but on form you'd think they should still have enough.

Italy v England final?
At this stage on form I think that would be the best final to look forward to, top quality football and with a very partisan crowd, atmosphere would be something special.

Bookings picked up in the semi finals could well play a part, which would be a pity, but all things being equal, how would that game go?

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/July/2021 at 09:13
Well, after a suitably joyous night, we must make sure England find a way to beat Denmark. It won't be easy on Wednesday night.

Letf's hope it doesn't go to penalties, as we shall be chucked out of the pub just as they start!
Albufeira Resident

patsat1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patsat1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/July/2021 at 17:40
Originally posted by Citroen Citroen wrote:

Originally posted by patsat1 patsat1 wrote:

We will finally get back to Albufeira this Friday. Was hoping to watch the portugal Germany game on Saturday but not in a touristy bar/restaurant. Can anyone recommend a place to watch the game with local Portuguese supporters.
thanks
pat
Depends on where you are, but the sports bar beside the 3 Marias restaurant just on from Balaia Golf usually has a good number of young locals there, might well be packed though.  

Thanks for that.

We are however located out near Sao Rafael so it was a bit far. Got talking to a Portuguese local and he informed us that casa Benfica hadn't completely closed they had moved near montochoro near the hospital. We ended up there but with Germany beating Portugal the atmosphere was a bit subdued. Definitely a nice location though and at €1.10 a pint we will surely return. We had also considered a football club in the centre of Guia. Has anyone ever watched football there. Anytime we pass it always seems busy.

Thanks again

pat
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/July/2021 at 08:32
"We had also considered a football club in the centre of Guia"

The football club social club bar in Guia is usually fairly busy. I have been there a few times, but got for a while now as my lot (Imortal Albufeira) have been in a different division. The actual football ground is about half a mile away, just off the Algoz road.

I do remember the food service being extremely slow!
Albufeira Resident

jonbem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonbem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/July/2021 at 10:29
I had the opportunity to purchase a ticket for the final last week, but at 945euros I resisted the temptation. I know I will probably never get another chance but that price is just too much. I will watch on TV along with the many other millions of fans.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic