Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Living in Albufeira / Viver em Albufeira » Sports Results & Opinions/Resultados Desportivos e Opiniões
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Euro 2020

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Euro 2020
    Posted: 16/June/2021 at 09:01
Lucky ol' Portugal! Kept at bay until the 85th minute then a spawny own goal, then a penalty, which was, then a goal from CR7 that looked offside to me.

At least they won't now have to beat France and Germany to be sure of going through.

Spain looked poor, not managing hardly a shot on goal despite having 85% of the ball. France were not that impressive either, missing several good chances.

My outside bet - Belgium.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
Sponsored Links

cameroncleggout View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cameroncleggout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/June/2021 at 09:57
"My outside bet" World number one team Belgium LOL  Well,  My Outside bet for the Premier League this next season is Manchester City.  TBH Can`t see anyone stopping France (another outsider)  
cameronout
AJSUGGY View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AJSUGGY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/June/2021 at 15:47
I am with Tom. Belgium for me, picked them out in the golf club lottery. 
bob d View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/June/2021 at 16:39
Italia. ⚽️⚽️⚽️
we're not brazil we're norn iron
patsat1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patsat1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/June/2021 at 20:36
We will finally get back to Albufeira this Friday. Was hoping to watch the portugal Germany game on Saturday but not in a touristy bar/restaurant. Can anyone recommend a place to watch the game with local Portuguese supporters.
thanks
pat
Citroen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citroen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/June/2021 at 00:16
Originally posted by patsat1 patsat1 wrote:

We will finally get back to Albufeira this Friday. Was hoping to watch the portugal Germany game on Saturday but not in a touristy bar/restaurant. Can anyone recommend a place to watch the game with local Portuguese supporters.
thanks
pat
Depends on where you are, but the sports bar beside the 3 Marias restaurant just on from Balaia Golf usually has a good number of young locals there, might well be packed though.  
Citroen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citroen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/June/2021 at 00:23
So far, early days, Italy for me, they can play, they can defend and they can score.
Deegall View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deegall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/June/2021 at 02:41
Italy usually tight defensive but the 2 games attacking scoring goals defending well. Deff a strong Semi final team. Portugal got a lucky rub of the green. France great against Germany.Belgium impressive. England average slow start semi finals.Thought the Euros being displaced across Europe I would struggle to get excited but its been great so far.
Going for Portugal heart says but Italy going to be very hard to beat.
Deegall View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deegall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/June/2021 at 01:40
Italy Belgium Holland all very strong all winning groups with 3 wins . group of death will be great Wednesday night flicking stations Portugal v France & Germany v Hungary. Both Portugal & Germany same points goal difference alphabetical order putting Germany ahead.
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/June/2021 at 07:25
As summed up by the BBC

"

France will finish first if they win, or if they draw and Germany do not beat Hungary. If France lose and Hungary win, second place will be decided on overall goal difference.

Germany will go through if they win, or if they draw and France do not lose. Germany will finish first if they win and France do not. Germany will finish third if they draw and France lose, or if both Germany and Portugal lose.

Portugal qualify if they win, or if they draw and Germany lose. Portugal will finish first if they win and Germany do not. Portugal will finish fourth if they lose and Germany also lose.

Hungary will go through in second place if they win and Portugal lose. If they win and France lose, second place will be decided on overall goal difference. Hungary will finish third if they win and the other game is drawn."

Albufeira Resident

jonbem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonbem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/June/2021 at 10:58
Simple, just like the rules of cricket! Thumbs Up
The Rules of Cricket
as Explained to a Foreign Visitor

You have two sides, one out in the field and one in.

Each man that's in the side that's in, goes out, and when he's out, he comes in and the next man goes in until he's out.

When they are all out the side that's out comes in and the side that's been in goes out and tries to get those coming in out.

Sometimes you get men still in and not out.

When both sides have been in and out including the not-outs, that's the end of the game.

Jock View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/June/2021 at 12:15
Thank god I'm not a football fan.  The offside rule is bad enough.  Fortunately I have plenty of other TV options to avoid the EUROs. 
It is no coincidence that in no known language does the phrase 'As pretty as an Airport' appear. Douglas Adams
Deegall View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deegall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/June/2021 at 22:55
disappointed with Scotland & England tonight. Expected more from England's big players now looking like last 16 then home. Scotland just getting to a championship is success. looking like mainland Europe Italy Germany Belgium France Portugal Holland four from this 6 for semi finals. Heart wants Portugal head saying Italy
cameroncleggout View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cameroncleggout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/June/2021 at 20:59
Half time and France are looking in all sorts of trouble against the Swiss. If I don`t watch the second half,  will I still be right to say I can`t see anyone beating France   LOL   
cameronout
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/June/2021 at 07:38
Well, out go France. Poor defending, Good game for the neutrals. So that's three of the likely front runners out. My money is on Belgium. Spain's defence also looks suspect, trying too much to play out from the back with short passes while surrounded.

And what about the disgraceful scenes at both yesterday's games? Tens of thousands of people enjoying a game of football, drinking beer and shouting for their teams. Shouldn't be allowed. Wink

Now for this afternoon's feast of exciting thrill packed sport. 1-1 after extra time and England lose on penalties.
Albufeira Resident

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic