Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Users Chit Chat / Conversa entre Utilizadores
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Plant spotting

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Plant spotting
    Posted: 03/August/2020 at 19:30
Anyone know what this is? Seen in sand dunes near where I am staying. I saw only two among the pine trees and oaks. Stands about five feet high. I tried a reverse image search without success. It looks kind of cactussy. By the way, maximum 24º and cloudy so far here in the Médoc.

Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
Sponsored Links

peteknopp View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peteknopp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/August/2020 at 20:31
Looks like a small Yukka plant. I cut mine back and lob the remains down the orchrd and they reroot and grow. Looks similar
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/August/2020 at 08:54
Yes it does, I agree having looked up. Not exactly a native of Europe. I suppose its seeds could have floated over the Atlantic in the wind. The sandy environment would be similar to 'home'.

Thanks.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
pyrman View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyrman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/August/2020 at 16:40
Probably is Yucca ... but could also be Cordyline Australis, which I was looking at a while ago .. except that you can get 1000 busy-lizzies for 60 quid ..

so .. if you have a spade, some shears and three pots .. you`ve got £180 quid there ..
Pyrman
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic