Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Users Chit Chat / Conversa entre Utilizadores
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Virus

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3536373839 54>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lucyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/December/2020 at 20:45
I maybe wrong but I feel there is a different tone about this group now, I have been a member for many years, I would never condone racism, but I feel every comment is scrutinised. Maybe a sign of the times, love to get back to the friendly site it once was, as I say I may be totally off track
my beautiful portugal
pyrman View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyrman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/December/2020 at 12:16
Dont think Cubsur needs to apologise for anything ... China is a huge population and has originated this virus three times in two decades ... plus many flu strains ... when he says `China` it is fairly obvious we should take it as the country .. not the people ..

Get one of our free Albufeira calendars to cheer yourself up ... how about you too Lucy ?
e-mail your address to pyrman46@gmail.com
Pyrman
mrandyd View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrandyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/December/2020 at 13:13
There does seem to be a creeping growth of attempted censorship across many social media sites linking the Chinese governments perceived cover up and the spread of the virus across the globe.
We should all be wary of censorship.
Jock View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/December/2020 at 17:39
I must have missed the racist comments.  Don't be shy Lucy.  Specify the post to which you refer. 
It is no coincidence that in no known language does the phrase 'As pretty as an Airport' appear. Douglas Adams
lucyr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/December/2020 at 18:35
it was implied yesterday that Tom was being racist, I think he dared to mention visas and China in the same sentence!!! ShockingWink
my beautiful portugal
lucyr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/December/2020 at 18:37
I tried to amend my spelling error but was not allowed 
my beautiful portugal
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/December/2020 at 09:09
Some good news anounced yesterday is that there will  be longer opening hours and few travel restrictions over Christmas. However at New Year the now familiar travel restrictions will be in place and any organised public celebrations are prohibited.

Read the rather caustic comments at the end!
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
Jock View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/December/2020 at 11:23
Sad.  I guess this is happening all over. And the worst of winter is still to come.
It is no coincidence that in no known language does the phrase 'As pretty as an Airport' appear. Douglas Adams
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/December/2020 at 08:51
It is being mentioned on the is morning's news that to allow restaurants and bars to open late on Christmas Eve is utterly illogical. 99% of them would not normally be open after 6pm that evening to allow workers and their families to get together for their observances.

I suppose it all makes sense to someone.

Albufeira Resident

Jayjan View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jayjan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/December/2020 at 21:47
mmmm one wonders if restrictions will change immensely after this publication in the Portugal News  https://www.portugalresident.com/portugal-registers-over-three-covid-deaths-every-hour/ whoops link is not direct sorry, having problems.
Polli the dancing cat strikes again.
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/December/2020 at 10:24
We shall know on Thursday. I cannot imagine for one second that people will be stopped from going to midnight Mass on the 24th.

As we have been saying all along, the best way to stop this spreading is to confine people to their homes 24/7 with NO exceptions for any reason. Utterly impossible of course, but surely all restaurants, cafés, bars, schools, colleges, gyms and other meeting places such as sporting events (players, because spectators are already banned from attending), concert halls (events are being advertised in the municipal auditorium here), cinemas, theatres etc, must be closed down indefinitely no matter what the cost to the economy and people's mental well-being.

Also all international airports must be closed immediately.

The survivors can rebuild the world as they did in the 14th century.
Albufeira Resident

Jock View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/December/2020 at 11:28
My wife and I have been in voluntary lockdown since the 2nd wave started here in September.  We want to make it to the vaccinations, whenever that is.  My health and age make me a poor survival risk.  In the end it's down to each of us to protect ourselves.  Don't rely on others to "do the right thing".
Luis View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/December/2020 at 18:00
Me and my wife are essential workers so have to carry on i wish to be vaccinated Asap for me this is the only way to end this nightmare. You people stay safe hopefully soon we can all enjoy the things we most love.
hamlet View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hamlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/December/2020 at 23:22
What a shower of dimwits running our Country and I'm not even to talk about Brexit . 
To-day they confirmed London will be moved into Tier 3 yet at the week-end they gave permission for crowds of 2,000 spectators to attend live football. They were aware all of last week that there was cause for concern with increased numbers. Is it cynical of me? All of these London teams involved The teams involved included Fulham, Arsenal, Crystal Palace and Tottenham. The spectators at the Crystal Palace match were jammed behind the goals like sardines and the use of masks was certainly not mandatory. I wonder if the Government followed the advise of the medical profession? Watched another episode of Hancock's half hour. Don't believe a word that he says, remember when he claimed our PPE would be arriving when the aircraft to be used in transporting the supplies had not even left the UK.  Rant over.

Algarveaddick View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Algarveaddick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/December/2020 at 11:05
Hardly sardines, but I take your point about any gathering.  Clyne praises Palace fans after Spurs draw - News - Crystal Palace F.C.
Go away Duchatalet
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3536373839 54>
  Share Topic