Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Restaurants & Portuguese Cuisine / Restaurantes & a Comida
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Refurb just off the Square

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Refurb just off the Square
    Posted: 21/June/2019 at 09:42
I know there was a previous topic on this, but I can’t find it.
Anyway, this was last night, looks very close to opening now.

Andrew
Sponsored Links

Jock View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/June/2019 at 11:30
Is that the old Pensao Albuferense that closed a few years ago?
I'll give it a try next time I'm over - after I check the menu.
It is no coincidence that in no known language does the phrase 'As pretty as an Airport' appear. Douglas Adams
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/June/2019 at 14:34
Yes it is what was once Pensão Albufeira.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/June/2019 at 17:57
Indeed that’s the one Jock. The hoardings came down during the day yesterday to give us a good look and low and behold, what we thought was public thoroughfare must be on their deeds as theirs hence we have a new decked terrace.
It all looks rather smart but when it opens, what the menu will be, prices and what the word “beat” in the title/name indicates?
Looking forward to finding out.
Andrew
Big Col View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Col Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/June/2019 at 18:28
Yeah the hoardings were up when we were there but it did look almost finished. We too are interested in finding out what's in store.

Digressing slightly, there is a restaurant just up from here (Rua da Igreja Nova) which may ba called HB restaurant. It always appears quiet, almost closed - has anyone tried it?
Colin
A9NDY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote A9NDY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/June/2019 at 19:21
It was called rustic before it was put up for sale...... spent a fortune on refurb and it didn’t take off.... next to the steps leading to bluebell bar and eddys
The eclipse grill under eddy’s is a good restaurant 👍
tonisdad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonisdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/June/2019 at 19:43
Looks like a nice job.
finalwhistle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote finalwhistle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/June/2019 at 21:58
I have stayed in this building before and i was impressed with refurb last week when walking past.
malagabob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malagabob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/June/2019 at 07:31
It’s going to be another restaurant apparently. Bought and developed by the owner of practically every bar in Old Town and The Strip. Was told this by a previous employee.
Never put off something that you could do today
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/July/2019 at 12:20
I guess that’ll be Mr Carlos then.
It’s open now but not particularly busy, here’s the menu...

closest lloyds bank to me
Andrew
nazza1968 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nazza1968 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/July/2019 at 13:17
Cheap it ain't!
Algarveaddick View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Algarveaddick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/July/2019 at 16:38
My thoughts too Nazza. I won't be hurrying to try it. But they probably don't want the likes of me in there anyway... LOL   
Go away Duchatalet
A9NDY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote A9NDY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/August/2019 at 16:30
What a dull &uninspiring over priced menu that is.... no doubts it will be packed with tourists that don’t go off the beaten track to find the hidden gems that Albufeira has to offer 😜
Jock View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/August/2019 at 11:30
Tourists! Dontcha just hate'em? Albufeira would be better without'em.
Just like schools would run better without kids and hospitals without patients.
It is no coincidence that in no known language does the phrase 'As pretty as an Airport' appear. Douglas Adams
A9NDY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A9NDY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/August/2019 at 16:17
Didn’t mean it like that at all ....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic