FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Petrol strike

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
peteknopp View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peteknopp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Petrol strike
    Posted: 18/April/2019 at 08:25
Strike is over
Sponsored Links

Chris-Wiltshire View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris-Wiltshire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/April/2019 at 22:30
Andrew, that is really useful, I think I will get up early in the morning and try my luck there.
Irispad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Irispad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/April/2019 at 21:44
Galp on the Vale Navio Road had petrol but no diesel ...we filled up on the way in from the airport...no queues.
Big Col View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Col Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/April/2019 at 21:23
Thanks guys. It's about six weeks until I'm over so get it sorted please, I cant be without a car.
Colin
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/April/2019 at 21:17
Col, it’s a strike, not sure who, drivers, loaders, logistics, et al, or all of ‘em, but basically no fuel is being delivered to stations. A mass panic buy has cleared most of ‘em out... and now we sit and wait. 😕
Andrew
peteknopp View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peteknopp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/April/2019 at 20:36
drivers of hazardous materials have spat their dummies and more than 50% garages have no fuel. army etc set to start driving with some garages in lisboa having a delivery this afternoon but essential services will get fuel before joe public
Big Col View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Col Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/April/2019 at 19:40
I wasn't aware of a petrol problem or I've missed something. What's the issue and any signs of resolution?
Colin
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/April/2019 at 19:15
Yes, went past that station at 2.00pm today, they had fuel and no queues!!! How? I don’t know! The station just before discovery island had the GNR there as tempers were frayed, both stations on way into Valle Parra are sold out and coned off.
Andrew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris-Wiltshire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/April/2019 at 18:33
Yes, I can imagine some hire companies will be more flexible than others, but my real concern is running out on the return trip to the airport. Goes without saying car not being used at all at present! I did hear via a Facebook group that the Cepsa on the 125 near Ferreiras has fuel but they are not answering their phone, would be interesting to know if any signs of life there.....
tonisdad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tonisdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/April/2019 at 18:29
Travelled from Albufeira to Lagos this morning on 125 most fuel stations we passed were sold out. The few that had fuel had queues stretching down the road so no doubt would soon be running out.
staying in Lagos tonight and wondering where safe to leave car and for it still to have some juice in in the morning!!
Heard also hire companies are giving no leeway whatsoever regards returning car empty when on full to full......Portuguese would not take advantage of the situation would they?Censored
bob d View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bob d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/April/2019 at 17:35
Mmmmm. Tricky. Any petrol stations that have not sold out have long queues, some as much as an hour and tempers are starting to fray. I’m sure the hire companies will give some leeway under the circumstances.

Some planes are also being diverted to Spain to refuel. Not good.
we're not brazil we're norn iron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris-Wiltshire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/April/2019 at 17:30
We're due to return our hire car to the airport on Sunday, on our way home. Just the slight risk of not having enough in the tank to get us all the way there! So the car is laid up outside, scared to touch it. I'm watching the official web site for details of any petrol stations nearby who have stock, it will help enormously if anyone on the forum can post if they are aware of anything in or near Albufeira. TIA.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic