Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Restaurants & Portuguese Cuisine / Restaurantes & a Comida
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fresh fish

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jameswhufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fresh fish
    Posted: 30/July/2018 at 14:52
I am sure everyone has their own favourites however i remember years ago there was a thread on here where a restaurant in the old town was recommended for having excellent fish and alot of it - however it seems that thread is no more.

Anyone remember the thread and restaurant? alternatively happy for some recommendations.

Just returned from Santorini and some of the fresh fish out there was excellent so would like to find a good priced restaurant for some fish platters or fish of the day etc.
Sponsored Links

bob d View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/July/2018 at 15:55
Walk straight on past the beach lift for 5 mins and at the end of the street the restaurant you are thinking about is on the right, directly opposite Iguana. Roosio, I think it is now called.
It Has changed ownership and although they don’t do the ton of fish you used to get, it is very nice.
The last time I was in I had seafood platter which consisted of a sea bass, a sea bream and prawns. All very good.
we're not brazil we're norn iron
jameswhufc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jameswhufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/July/2018 at 16:01
Cheers Bob - I had sea bream twice a few weeks back and its now my favourite so that would go down a treat.
A9NDY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A9NDY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/July/2018 at 16:46
I used to rate Rossio quite highly but recently the portion size have decreased and the prices shot up last visit I had prawns rossio style , it consisted of 4 grilled king prawns 3 slices of green pepper and a cherry tomato and charged € 14.95.... this was a main btw.
And the fish platter is nowhere as impressive as it used to be 😩 the quantity of fish also reduced
Algarveaddick View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Algarveaddick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/July/2018 at 17:02
Originally posted by A9NDY A9NDY wrote:

I used to rate Rossio quite highly but recently the portion size have decreased and the prices shot up last visit I had prawns rossio style , it consisted of 4 grilled king prawns 3 slices of green pepper and a cherry tomato and charged € 14.95.... this was a main btw.
And the fish platter is nowhere as impressive as it used to be 😩 the quantity of fish also reduced

I have never been there, and I may be off the mark, but the story as I know it is more or less as follows, allegedly.

Owners couldn't really make it work. 
Owners let it out to another couple.
Other couple improve things by making great value fish platters, large portions, good prices.
Owners see that success.
Other couple's lease is up, owners say so-long (and thanks for all the fish?), we can take it from here.
Owners copy other couple - success continues.
Owners revert to type, prices go up, portions reduced to make more profit.
Owners stop making it work... 

Go away Duchatalet
A9NDY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A9NDY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/July/2018 at 17:37
Its a shame as it was one of my must visit places and recommended it to people ... for fresh fish I recommend ALENTEJANA MARAFADA , ECLIPSE GRILL, CASA DA FONTE ,54, A FRAGATA   
all within old town 
Big Col View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Col Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/July/2018 at 17:52
The fresh fish dishes in Os Arcos, my favourite Old Town restaurant, are excellent and well recommended. You will probably have to book to get a table though.
Colin
Gazza View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/July/2018 at 09:16
Yep sounds about right Algarveaddick
Take only memories, leave only footprints
A9NDY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A9NDY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/July/2018 at 13:49
I know one or two places where thats happend unfortunately
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic